PDA

View Full Version : Review: Stoner: More Shine Less Time for Tires

JustinR32
08-05-2003, 09:19 AM
This is a superior product in appearance. It is very natural, very attractive.

However, it comes in an aerosol can. This makes it easy to apply to the tires, but I got little drop marks of overspray all over my car. (I applied it in the garage, there was no wind).

The instructions offer an alternate method of application, spraying it on a cloth or applicator, then swiping it on the tires. When used this way, it works equally as well, without the overspray (obviously). 5 stars for appearance (satiny, black, very attractive), 2 for packaging.

Bill D
08-05-2003, 09:43 AM
MSLT is also very good for spraying on wheel wells

Pats300zx
08-05-2003, 10:00 AM
I used to be a big fan of MSLT. I really liked the gloss look. My only complaint was that it had a tendency to sling onto the paint. The aerosol can be a PITA when its windy outside.

I do like the appearance on the tire that it gives. I have since switched to Eagle One Wet since its easier for me to get.

ntwrkguy1
08-05-2003, 10:33 AM
I`m still a big fan, though I agree with Pats300zx about the slinging. I try to let my sit for a while, then buff lightly with a towel. Seems to help on the slinging. And yes, it is a good product for detailing a wheel well.

The best thing about Stoner is that they let you order direct and buy it by the case, which is much cheaper than buying it retail by the can.

LOTA OT
08-05-2003, 10:47 AM
The aerosole packaging is the biggest downfall of most of the Stoner products for me. SIG, Tarminator, etc are great products, but the aerosol overspray is killer.

Maybe I`ll have to try MSLT for the wheel wells, as an aerosole just might be perfect there.

Michael