PDA

View Full Version : Using Zaino with Porter Cable

Pages : [1] 2

JPS911
08-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Can`t quite figure out from search...do people put Zaino on with PC? I figure you still take off with m/f, but what is the thinking on applying with PC?

SK2003TypeS
08-04-2003, 02:35 PM
I`m toying with the same idea. Seems like more people prefer to apply by Z by hand. I saw a few who apply if the car/truck is big to help save some time. Your car is kinda small though. Are you looking at it as a time factor or a better result ? both ? I`m looking for both, but still up in the air on this one. :nixweiss

imported_Intermezzo
08-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I like applying Z by machine because it allows for extremely thin, even coats. I pretty much agree with ShowroomLincoln`s review below.....although I wasn`t good enough to get 7 layers with one ounce!!

Also, the thing I especially like is that there are no areas of slightly thicker or slightly thinner application. Just a perfectly even layer that is very easy to buff out.

Zaino by machine?...Yes!! (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10708)

kompressornsc
08-05-2003, 07:45 AM
I am just getting into detailing, but I want to try a PC with my Z as well, even though Sal says it`s not necessary. Why? Tool envy!:) I mean brushes, towels and wash buckets are all ok, but I`m a guy, I like power tools! This thread gives me justification for laying out a couple hundred bucks for a PC and accessories. Thanks guys...:D

2k2blackWRX
08-05-2003, 08:28 AM
I just can not apply Z thin enough unless I use the PC. I can apply VERY thin even coats with the Z and it will look great.

imported_memnuts
08-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Zaino, Souveran, P21S, EX, and QD`s only by hand. I have never detected any advantage or time savings by applying protectants by PC. The nocks and crannies still require hand-application. :nixweiss ( I detail in a climate controlled environment so speed is not important).

Polishes, Smr`s, Compounds by PC.

Lemonxxs
08-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Zaino, Souveran, P21S, EX, and QD`s only by hand. I have never detected any advantage or time savings by applying protectants by PC. The nocks and crannies still require hand-application. :nixweiss ( I detail in a climate controlled environment so speed is not important).

Polishes, Smr`s, Compounds by PC.

agree..............WAX and sealants by hand...........

Abrasives with a power tool........

JPS911
08-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Ok...so no clear winner on the opinion here. Thanks though.

MHLY01
08-05-2003, 03:37 PM
I have done it for a long time. It works well and you get many layers out of an ounce of Zaino. Cuts down on time as well. I keep the pad moist with Z6 to help spread it evenly and smoothly. No problems at all for the past year.

Vegas1
08-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Here`s my review on Zaino with a PC awhile back. Works great!

Zaino and PC (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13159&highlight=zaino)

dstn8r
08-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Here`s a link I saved a while back, you might find something helpful on there:

http://www.stainlessbumperletters.com/scottwinger.htm/zaino.htm

SK2003TypeS
08-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Well, hopefully I can try this next weekend if the weather clears up. Now, for those who do apply Z with the PC, do you "work" it in ? Do you use the 4 patterns like in Geeky Steve`s write up? I was thinking you would do overlapping multiple passes with polishes. But for Zaino, what`s your approach ?

kg/cm²
08-08-2003, 11:02 AM
there is no need to work the zaino in via PC...all you need to do is get the car covered with Z...the PC is just a quick hand...

hope his helps

SK2003TypeS
08-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Thanx kg/cm² ! That`s what I figured because when I apply it by hand I don`t go over the same area. btw: Great Avatar !!

kg/cm²
08-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by SK2003TypeS

Thanx kg/cm² ! That`s what I figured because when I apply it by hand I don`t go over the same area. btw: Great Avatar !!

:D :cool: