PDA

View Full Version : #9+AIO+2X-EX=2 thumbs up!!

davefr
08-03-2003, 09:26 PM
This weekend I detailed my black GTP and my 2 tone Dodge Ram PU. I used #9 on the entire GTP since it`s black and about 1/4 of the RAM. After that I used AIO and 2 coats of Poorboys EX. (I used MF toweling)

The results on both vehicle was unbelievable!!! The GTP is 6 yrs old and is over 100k mi and it looks the closest to showroom as I`ve ever seen.

AIO and EX are both very easy to use. I found some areas of AIO take a little more effort to remove but the EX is almost effortless.

The RAM has lots of black textured moldings that turn white with ordinary waxes but both AIO and EX not only don`t whiten moldings but they tend to remove the old whitened look and return them to black. (as well as the back to black products).

The GTP has some very minor sand pitting on the hood and these products totally disguise it. (unlike some waxes that tend to fill pits with white residue).

I have a couple questions. Can I renew EX periodically without using a cleaner like AIO? If so how can I tell that it`s OK to go straight to EX and not AIO + EX??

I use 303 protectant on my tires. It might protect but it doesn`t produce a very good black color and satin patina. What tire dressing produces a rick black color and a satin (not gloss!!) patina and lasts a long time??

The only thing I wish these products had was something to repel dust.

imported_CBX Carl
08-04-2003, 07:15 AM
I have been using Meguiars Endurance and Turtle Wax Tire Wax as a topper to 303 and have been very happy with the results.

Photos Link (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26408)