PDA

View Full Version : zaino removal with mf towels

m3pilot
08-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Has anyone had any problems removing zaino with mf towels? It seems like zaino comes off a lot easier with a cotton towel compared to a mf towel. Any suggestions?

JasonC8301
08-03-2003, 05:18 PM
I have experienced streaking and haze spots with try to buff Zaino off with just MF towels.

I now use a Fieldcrest Charisma cotton towel for the major removal of Zaino, then follow up with a MF to do a final buff.

BradE
08-03-2003, 05:51 PM
I use MF for Zaino removal all the time, no problems at all. None.

:nixweiss

imported_garyo
08-03-2003, 06:15 PM
No problems with removal when applied in thin applications. If I get the zaino on too thick then I get some streaking but nothing that isn`t easily solved with a clean MF and Z6.

Another thought, it is very humid where I live and if the zaino is not allowed to dry properly (even with ZFX) it is somewhat difficult to remove. Make sure it is thoroughly dry before trying to remove.

tkr128
08-03-2003, 07:10 PM
No problems here either. :xyxthumbs

chris0626
08-03-2003, 10:43 PM
After working very hard to learn how to apply Z2 thin enough, I`m not having any problem buffing it with MF. But for buffing-off the Z6, I`m now thoroughly addicted to Autopia`s CBT (similar to DFTowels); that`s where I used to have streaking with MFs.

imported_memnuts
08-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Very light spritz on the MF and Z buffs off very easily. Zero streaking on black.

DF Towel and Z6 is heaven. Just hold on to the towel... has zero resistance after Z6 wipe down. It will literally fly out your hand.

MHLY01
08-04-2003, 12:44 PM
All I use to remove Zaino is MF towels. Quick detail after with Z6

JPS911
08-04-2003, 01:56 PM
If you have that problem, you have too much product on (too thick) or it hasn`t dried enough. I use ZFX and 30 min is plenty, but I also do the finger wipe test...if I can wipe with finger (about 2" test strip) with no smearing AT ALL, it is ready.

JasonC8301
08-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Gosh, must sucks to be alone on this one, wait I know people who have the same issues with patchy hazes and difficulty remove the new Z with just MF. I find the cotton MF combo to be my problem solver.

Using to much Zaino, not really, I use 1/4 of an ounce on a Corolla. 1/3 of an ounce on SUV/minivans. This is mixed with ZFX. I let the Zaino dry fully and I do the finger swipe test. Comes off clean and streak free.

I recently used 1/4 of an ounce of the new Z5 with 3 drops of ZFX and boy the Zaino was dry by the time I finished appling it to the car (corolla.) Took me about 8 minutes to apply. I let it sit for 3-4 hours (was away chatting in an Autopia chat.) Then went back into the garage and tried to remove it with a MF, still patchy haze spots that are not fully removed. I then decided to buff off most of the Zaino with a cotton Charisma bath sheet, then followed up with a MF for final buff, then I Z6`d to make sure everything was off. I was working under 1000 watt halogen lights.

To each his own I guess. I`m sticking to my cottom/Mf combo.

imported_Intermezzo
08-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Jason, you`re one of the last people I would suspect of committing the crime of thick applications. :D

When using the OLD VERSION, I find that Zaino buffs out a little easier with cotton, but I prefer to stick with MF because the product buffs out so easily with either type of towel.

I`ve only tried out the new version twice and it does seem a little tougher to buff out...especially when the surface is warm. Maybe it`s time to dig out my old Charismas.