PDA

View Full Version : Add Wax to Car Wash?

Horseman2475
08-03-2003, 02:57 PM
I use Eimann Fabrik Power Wash + and think its great. I was wondering if I add a few ounces of liquid wax like poorboys or another brand to the water. Has anybody tried this? How many ounces to 3 gallons did you add?

JustinR32
08-03-2003, 07:09 PM
I tried it, and didn`t see any difference at all, adding some Liquid Souveran to PPCL. That may be because my car is always waxed to the nines, I don`t know, but it seemed like a waste of wax to me.

Tom

thevolvoguy
08-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Adding wax to the wash water wouldnt have any benefit. Most wax products, natural or synthetic contain elements that will break down when they come in contact with water, especially soapy water. All in all, it would probably make things worse by causing extra streaking depending on how much you put in.

Try somthing like EOWAYD or just QD after every wash and you should be alright between wax jobs.

shaf
08-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Have you seen this thread?

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25062&highlight=wash+wax+suds

LouisanaJeeper
08-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Before I Zainoed I used this stuff called "KIT" wash and wax. (It is yellow, sold at Auto Zone). I can say that it did seem to really add wax to the car. I liked it alot.

Horseman2475
08-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks for all your replys. I am really happy with the Eimann, but after reading the reviews I am going to try the new Sonax. It seems to have some wax in it!!