PDA

View Full Version : Noobie and need some help

TypeR882
08-03-2003, 12:03 AM
well im just got my PC with 6" back plate and 6" counter weight. im going to be doing my dads car b/c it had tremedous swirl marks. what products should i get? perfect it II? perfect it III machine glaze? let me know. thanks

Patrick
08-03-2003, 12:35 AM
May want to start with 3M SMR, its removes light to moderate swirls. If that doesnt cut it, you could try Meg`s DACP. You may entertain the thought of going to a more aggressive pad as well, but start with your less aggressive stuff......then work your way up the abrasive level ladder.....

TypeR882
08-03-2003, 12:56 AM
so i should stay away from perfect it III machine glaze? i was planning on doing the PI-III machine glaze, then imperial hand glaze, then wax. should i stay away from this?

shaf
08-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by TypeR882

so i should stay away from perfect it III machine glaze? i was planning on doing the PI-III machine glaze, then imperial hand glaze, then wax. should i stay away from this? There are lots and lots of ways to skin the proverbial cat, and very few products that people tell you to stay away from (considering all the options). You just have to know how aggressive the products you`re comparing are to each other, so that you`re comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

I believe PI-III is a DACP alternative, but best for you to read up on this yourself....

Accumulator
08-03-2003, 10:46 AM
I consider PI-III MG a real "staple" product. None too strong for a car like you described. First with a cutting pad, then with a polishing one. I`m all for being easy on the clearcoat, but a LOT of people spend hours accomplishing little with their new PC because the product/pad combo they use is just too mild. You might want to keep some Final Inspection on hand (or go over it with some AIO) as the PI-III residue is sometimes a pain to get off.

Another idea is to get the EinsZett polishes. Based on GeekySteve`s experiences, I just picked them up (green and burgundy cans). Haven`t tried them yet, but they sound VERY good. Supposedly much easier wipe-off than the PI-III.

With any of these products, you probably won`t NEED the IHG.

JimS
08-03-2003, 12:45 PM
I`d get some Poorboys SSR and polishes. Go to www.poorboysworld.com and get Steve`s phone number.

He`s a regular poster here, did have his own body shop, is a master detailer and now makes his own line of detailing products including products to get rid of scratches and swirls. Call him, tell him your situation including that you are not experienced in this work, and he`ll guide you straight.

Do a search here and you`ll find that Steve`s products are recommended highly and that he is liked and respected. He`ll treat you right...guaranteed....and you`ll get the product you need to do the job.

TypeR882
08-03-2003, 09:17 PM
ttt