PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Car Wash = No Suds

LouisanaJeeper
08-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Mother`s California Gold Car Wash

Is it just me or does this wash just not make any suds? I mix it correctly.

Anyway, I bought some Zymol (sp) today to try that out.

TypeR882
08-01-2003, 08:55 PM
the mothers car wash has very minimal suds. i prefer to use the meguiars gold class

SVR
08-02-2003, 04:08 AM
I found that also. No good for cleaning wheels either unlike the Omikron Super Gloss I use. So much for the ultra sudsing that it stated on the bottle.

medic159
08-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Something you guys should know... suds mean nothing! It turns out that only real soap makes suds, detergents typically have a sudsing agent added because people think that the suds are what makes it work. When you see some laundry detergents advertised as "low suds" they are actually simply using less sudsing agent. I`ve been experimenting with some different car wash formulations in the last few weeks and not one of them suds but they work cvery well. To put any one of them on the market, however, would require a sudsing agent.

It`s all in our heads.

forrest@mothers
08-02-2003, 09:38 AM
I`ve found that extremely soft water reduces the sudsing of car washes. Have you found other car washes that suds more in your Louisiana water?

Sudsing simply helps you see where you`ve washed the vehicle.

I assume you`re using one ounce per gallon of water?

I`d be interested to see how the Zymol wash compares. Be sure to let us know.

offcenter
08-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Mother`s California Gold Car Wash

Is it just me or does this wash just not make any suds? I mix it correctly.

Anyway, I bought some Zymol (sp) today to try that out.

Interesting, here in California, I find the Mothers California Gold and Meguiars Gold Class produce more suds than most other car wash solutions. For me, Pinnacle and One Grand produced no suds. Must be formulations for hard water and soft water that make a difference. I like suds whether it helps to clean or not.:D

LouisanaJeeper
08-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Used the Zymol today. It worked great, tons of suds, smelled like coconut, and cleaned well.

I`ll just keep the mothers for my clay lubing, it works great for that.

Steve @ Guru
08-02-2003, 02:10 PM
I think the amount of suds are directly proportional to your geographical region and the nature of your water.

I have about 15-20 wash solutions here, some make awesome suds, others don`t - I can never get good suds from Gold Class, but the Mothers wash makes tons of suds. The Zymol Clear makes average suds for me, Zaino makes tons of suds, etc., etc.

It`s very odd how the same washes work differently based on what would appear to be location.... :)

shaf
08-02-2003, 02:46 PM
SUDS ARE OVER RATED!! :D

I go for smell and high lubricity myself.

SVR
08-02-2003, 07:11 PM
My car shampoo is like apple custard. So thick and smells sweet.

More suds doesn`t mean better washing power but a good amount makes washing easier as the wash doesn`t dry up so fast allowing you to finish the washing without reapplying some soap with the pressure sprayer or applicator bottle.

hondaguy2582
08-02-2003, 08:08 PM
i think between gold class and mothers, the difference is minimal. I have mothers, but my gf has gold class, after trying that, its pretty good also. I will admit, mothers does have lots of suds, just have to make the one ounce per gallon following directions.