PDA

View Full Version : my turn on #20

hondaguy2582
07-31-2003, 10:32 PM
Based on the ppls comments about #20, i received the bottle today and tried it out on a clayed silver focus. Put it on with a white pc pad, wow, this stuff is really easy to use and wipes off without effort. As for slickness, i gave it good, probably would have been excellent if i would have used medallion premium paint cleaner first. Gloss wise, it improved just after one application. As for durability, ill have to wait to see when it wears off. All in all, a great product to use for a one steper or if you want more protection than a caranuba wax can provide.

i still have yet to try out the final detail, #16, #26, #81, and medallion, but ill be getting cars to detail soon enough.

imported_dookiebob
08-01-2003, 01:14 AM
I`m curious, why did you apply with a white PC pad instead of a grey/black one? The white one is for polishing, and the grey one is for applying wax/sealant last I checked.

-Bob

JasonC8301
08-01-2003, 01:28 AM
The black/grey once can be used for applying a wax or a sealant, but a wax or sealant can be applied uisng a white pad if the wax/sealant has cleaners in it. Case in point, Klasse AIO, Meguiar`s #20, 3M`s cleaner waxes, Meguiar`s cleaner waxes (#66, #6, and consumer cleaner wax) and a boat load of other liquid cleaner waxes/sealants can be used with a polishing pad on the PC to provide a bit more cleaning power.

It just depends on the finish. On certain finishes with some slight gritty feel to it, a PC and some Klasse AIO will do some improvement with a foam polishing or cutting pad. I don`t doubt #20 can be used like this too.

everner
08-01-2003, 07:26 AM
I, agree Hondaguy, 20 is easyon/off. All the buzz about 20 got me to try it. I did my wife`s white Riviera yesterday. Dawn,83,20,WOW! I did it all by hand, using terry cloth for on/off(83 and 20). The hardest part was waiting for the cure time to elapse. I was anxious to see how it would look. IMO it`s as easy to use as S-100. I have 20 on two cars, S-100 on a third car. 20 has smaller water beads than S-100, and should last longer. I`m pleased with the results of 20, with just one coat, but I`ll hit it again, and maybe again with 26. If all the added coats improve it even more, it`ll be icing on the cake. Clear, no swirls/scratches, high gloss, that`s it for me.