PDA

View Full Version : Beige Interior....cleaning scuff marks?

cspoly
07-31-2003, 08:23 PM
Good Evening All,

A friend has a 2003 BMW with a beige interior. His front doors and sill plates are getting marked up by peoples shoes....mostly from black rubber soles.

Is there any way to safely clean up the scuff marks?

Thanks,

George

imported_BretFraz
07-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Most common all purpose cleaners can do this job. Simple Green, EFHI, Meg`s APC, etc, etc. Even try stuff like Formula 409 or Fantastik. Ya might need to use a scrub brush to agitate.

Mmmph
07-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Einszsett Plastik-Reiniger is the bomb for scuffs on plastic. I use it on my Ivory interior in my RX 300. 2 thumbs way up:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/eiplpcl.html

Deanski
07-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Boy do I know this one! Being an owner of a SC430 with the Ecru interior it gets the same problem if not carefull.

I agree with Mmmph, the Einszett products work very well. I use the Lederfledge on the leather to treat it and no offensive smell!

The cleaner works so well, add a little brushing and you`re done!

Give it a try!

Regards,

Deanski

chris0626
07-31-2003, 10:53 PM
I love Meguiar`s APC+ for lots of applications, but I personally don`t use it on interior plastic/rubber/vinyl surfaces, because I have this sneakin` suspicion that it requires very thorough rinsing that can only be done with a hose. (Mike, correct me if I`m wrong!) So I only use it on the exterior and on carpets.

For problems like yours, Einszsett Plastik-Reiniger has been heaven-sent for me. :bigups

cspoly
08-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Thanks Everyone!

Looks like this Einszett thing I can`t pronounce is the way to go!

George

GoodnClean
08-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Scuff marks drove me straight to a black interior LOL.