PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with questions!!

MichaelB21
07-31-2003, 01:02 AM
I recently bought some Meguiars Quik Detailer to keep in my trunk to give my 01 Mustang (just a V6, but that doesn`t mean it can`t look good right?) touch ups when it gets dirty. I really like Meguiars products but this one has proven to be a pain in the *** and it makes my walmart (that could be the problem!) microfiber towels lint up really bad. Nothing else makes them lint, thus far, just the quik detailer. Anyways, how can I fix this problem?

I really want to start using those Einszett products for my interior. Maybe it is just the funny names (no offense to anyone who is German, but I can`t speak it or pronouce any of it very well) but I can`t seem to figure out which product does what. Could someone tell me which ones to buy (if they are worth it) for the following?

Dash

Console

Door panels

Exterior trim

Plastic

Tires

What is the best glass cleaner? I`ve been using a standard windex and it gets the job done but there are some very stubborn spots that I can`t get no matter what I try.

What is a good carpet cleaner?

Sorry for all the questions, like I said I am new to this and I want my car to look as nice as I can get it! Thank you guys!

Michael Brezina

:xyxthumbs

ultrajim49
07-31-2003, 01:06 AM
:welcome to Autopia

You`ve found the right spot to find answers for those Q`s.

Can`t personaly give you advice on Einszett`s , but other members will.

In the mean time try a search with Einszett.

Happy detailing

:wavey

Christiaan

chris0626
07-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by MichaelB21 I recently bought some Meguiars Quik Detailer to keep in my trunk to give my 01 Mustang (just a V6, but that doesn`t mean it can`t look good right?) touch ups when it gets dirty. I really like Meguiars products but this one has proven to be a pain in the *** and it makes my walmart (that could be the problem!) microfiber towels lint up really bad. Nothing else makes them lint, thus far, just the quik detailer. Anyways, how can I fix this problem? Yep, I`m one of those who are suspicious of cheapie MFs. Send a PM to PakShak or Poorboy about their deals for Autopians.

I really want to start using those Einszett products for my interior. Maybe it is just the funny names (no offense to anyone who is German, but I can`t speak it or pronouce any of it very well) but I can`t seem to figure out which product does what. Could someone tell me which ones to buy (if they are worth it) for the following?

Yep, the names are confusing! I have some of the Einszett products and am happy with them. I love the 1Z Gummipflege and the Plastik-Reniger. I got mine from DavidB at Autopia; you might try sending him a PM with some of your questions.

What is the best glass cleaner? I`ve been using a standard windex and it gets the job done but there are some very stubborn spots that I can`t get no matter what I try.

As someone said -- maybe it was just tonight?: "Windex sucks." For me, it`s just clay > Zaino > dry MF. But lots of folks have other successful techniques. Have you read thru some of the threads about window cleaners?

What is a good carpet cleaner? For me, it`s been Meguiar`s APC+.