PDA

View Full Version : another buffer related query

chip douglas
07-30-2003, 07:47 PM
i got one question about the buffers to which i have found no answers yet, which is : what has to be done in tight spots like for instance the back vertical part of the trunk where you got small areas that still need to be polished, but where a buffer with an 8 inches pad wouldnt fit flat on the surface ?

Do you A do those tight spots by hand, or B use a DA, since a DA will actually produce better results then by hand.

Or C do you use the buffer(i mean a rotary buffer here by the way) but tilting the pad to fit the area ? I think i`ve seeen that once, which is that some people tilt the buffer to reach those small areas, but not 100% sure, and not that sure it is a god practice, but on the other hand, it`s no miracle :D the spot has to be done, one way or the other, and i wonder what it would look the do parts with the buffer then, use a DA on some other parts of the car.

I`m not looking down on anyone`s technique, or or arguing them whatsoever, as im in fact here to learn and im very opened to others opinions :xyxthumbs

take care all !!:wavey

Heff
07-30-2003, 08:29 PM
If you have the experience, tilt and use the edge of the buffer to get it, just don`t put too much pressure and keep it moving. In my experience, the little spots where you can`t get, usually don`t need it that bad and if you didn`t get them it wouldn`t be noticeable after you waxed them. By tilting and using the edges, I have never encountered a significant spot that I couldn`t get.

shaf
07-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Chip, have you seen this thread? :)

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26212

chip douglas
07-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks 4DSC and Heff, always appreciate help.........keep up the good work, and take care ;)

chip douglas
07-30-2003, 09:51 PM
To answer your question as to whether i had seen that thread, acutally i hadnt so far bumped into it, although i searched many forums...........interesting thread buddy, thanks for pointing out.

see ya :up

captkirk2
07-31-2003, 10:19 AM
I use 3" pads and a small backing plate