PDA

View Full Version : Help, Carnuaba is streaky!

sg333e
07-29-2003, 10:32 PM
I just got done applying a coat of carnauba wax to my black car. While it looked great in the garage under flourescent, it looked very streaky in direct sunlight. I`m guessing it`s on too thick?

How can I remedy this without cleansing the paint and starting over? I`ve heard parking them in the sun for .5 hours and rewiping with MF can help?

Thanks,

Eric

Patrick
07-29-2003, 10:53 PM
what kind of wax was it ? I would park it in the sun, I normally do that with every detail anyway, to avoid the problem your now experiencing.....1/2 hr is about right, maybe even less, you just want to warm the surface and thin the oils.......Also, make sure your prior polish work was removed completely.....Hit it with a QD the following day....

sg333e
07-29-2003, 11:02 PM
is the type of wax.....

Scottwax
07-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by sg333e

is the type of wax.....

That is one of the things (besides price and residue) about Zymol I don`t like. It is real streaky and you do have to go back over the car with a QD or just plain water to get rid of the streaks.

Great shine, but just not worth the extra effort, IMO.

endus
07-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Yea Zymol Carbon does tend to streak. I wouldn`t worry too much about it this time though. It will go away in a couple days or after your first wash. The key with Carbon, for lack of streaks and ease of use, is to apply it really THIN. Also make sure you`re not using towels washed or dried with fabric softener and you`re changing towels often. I found that I usually had to go over the car a couple times with clean towels every time to get it not to streak. One thing that also helps a lot is to machine buff it after hand buffing it.