PDA

View Full Version : process

dvsmnstr
08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
hey guys, I think I got this down but let me know whats up..
wash it, clay it, polish it(for swirl marks), then wax, then some QD? thanks!

JaredPointer
08-26-2004, 01:59 PM
You may want to change the wax for a sealant. They tend to last longer. But it sounds like you have a handle on it. After you prep and seal the paint, I would QD after every wash to remove residue that soap can leave behind and add some extra oompf to the shine. Good Luck!

dvsmnstr
08-26-2004, 02:12 PM
thank`s for all the help jared! does the sealant go on the same way as a liquid wax..? thanks again buddy!

john

Jngrbrdman
08-26-2004, 02:28 PM
QD isn`t a necessary part of the process. Its mainly just to replace a quick wash if the car gets dusty or if you have some spot cleaning that you want to do. Its not something that you have to do everytime you wax though. This is my process if you wanted to read it. (http://www.ocdetails.com/html/detailing_guide.html) It is basically more detailed than just the typical wash, clay, polish, wax answer, but that is basically what I suggest to do as well. Sounds like you are on the right track.

JaredPointer
08-26-2004, 02:29 PM
You`re welcome!! Yes, it is just like applying a wax (for me anyway). You usually apply it by hand, although some people apply one coat by PC, then following coats by hand. In fact, some sealants may be easier to apply/remove than just a plain carnauba or synthetic waxes. It all is in the eye of the user I suppose.

NYV6Coupe
08-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by JaredPointer
You`re welcome!! Yes, it is just like applying a wax (for me anyway). You usually apply it by hand, although some people apply one coat by PC, then following coats by hand. In fact, some sealants may be easier to apply/remove than just a plain carnauba or synthetic waxes. It all is in the eye of the user I suppose.

Actually, I feel it more in the arms & back of the beholder .