PDA

View Full Version : anyone into DSMs?

greathuskie
07-29-2003, 08:32 PM
i got one and it currently doesnt run, what a surprise :rolleyes:

anyone else?

Talus
07-29-2003, 09:43 PM
I dont have one, but DSMs OWN on the dragstrip. The combination of the 4g63 and AWD, along with them being cheap make them about the easiest way to go fast.

But if you`re a dummy like I am, you buy a slow car and try to make it fast:rolleyes: some of us will never learn...

greathuskie
07-29-2003, 10:04 PM
mine is being "built" i will say

thats sorta an understatement though ;)

SickOfItAll
07-30-2003, 01:27 AM
A - DSMs don`t "own" at the dragstrip :) If they do - find me an 8 second street legal one, and I`ll have a money race for him :) (street legal meaning registered AND inspected).

B - that said, they CAN be very fun cars :) more info on yours? Why doesn`t it run? I have a few friends that are fairly well involved with the DSM scene and are running respectable times - if you`re looking to push some real power, I can ask them where to point you :)

greathuskie
07-30-2003, 10:19 AM
i know what im doing, dont worry :eek: :D

mine spun a bearing after i beat the piss out of it, stupid on my part i know

and as far as them owning at the drag strip, name another 4 cylinder car that is as fast as a DSM is, especially for how little it costs to go fast in these cars (besides a 3sgte swap in a supra)

IMO a 3sgte is the only 4 cylinder motor thats better than the 4g63

greathuskie
07-30-2003, 10:21 AM
oh yea, www.shepracing.com

this car runs 9 flat on the streets

Hitman
07-30-2003, 10:31 AM
I used to have one! 91 Eagle Talon AWD.

The car would run low 13`s with minimal mods-- just an EVC boost controller, HKS exhaust, HKS powerflow intake and a centerforce clutch.

Not bad for just a few $$$ in mods.

I loved that car.

SickOfItAll
07-30-2003, 12:43 PM
That`s the quickest DSM I`ve seen yet, props to them :)

Oh, and why swap a 3SGTE into a supra when you can just buy a turbo MR2...like what I have :D

TortoiseAWD
07-30-2003, 12:57 PM
`92 Talon AWD is my toy car that has been out-of-commission, but will probably see life again this fall. 12.797 @ 107.13 is the best so far. With the mods on it, it has the capability to run 11`s, but poor tuning caused a melty piston before it could ever come close to reaching its full potential . . . I hope to get much deeper into the 12`s this fall, and take a run at 11`s in the spring.

DSMs were the #1 bang-for-the-buck car in the early `90`s, IMO. Too bad Mitsu screwed over so many 2g owners with crank walk :(

BTW, I`ve owned a `92 Laser (FWD turbo), a `96 Talon AWD, sold the `96 to buy a `92 Talon and a `90 Talon. Originally, the intent was to make the `90 into a drag queen and drive the `92 every day, but instead the `90 ended up being a parts car, the `92 became the project car, and I bought an SVX for my daily driver. Sold the SVX and bought a WRX a couple of years ago.

I still miss every one of my DSMs, though . . . I went to a couple of the shootouts in Ohio, met some of the guys from the Talon Digest; there was just a great online community to turn to for support.

Tort

greathuskie
07-30-2003, 01:02 PM
i have a 96 TSi AWD, 6 bolt crower/wiseco motor along with quite a few other goodies, im hoping for 12s on the stock 1g turbo though....