PDA

View Full Version : Simoniz products any good?

Corey Bit Spank
07-29-2003, 03:48 PM
I was looking for sonax on the canadian tire site and I found simoniz products, anybody ever use their wax or washes? Any good?

Jademonkey
07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
They arent very good. Stay away from them if at all possible.

Corey Bit Spank
07-29-2003, 04:15 PM
I just noticed the "has teflon" sticker. I don`t understand why you would want to put teflon on your paint.

Deanski
07-29-2003, 06:00 PM
The Simoniz pro products work very well for a detail shop needing to quickly turn around cars with little effort.

Quite a few of them are a quick wax type product with fillers to hide a lot of marks.

There are several detail shops that use it and have good results, but mind you, they need to spend very little time on the vehicle so they can get to another one.

The consumer line is not one to really go with when you have so many choices, such as Meguiars and others more geared to a weekend casual user.

It all depends on how much time you want to spend on getting the finish perfect or at least next to perfect.

Regards,

Deanski

shaf
07-29-2003, 09:12 PM
I don`t believe that Simoniz Canada actually has anything to do with Simoniz USA, so any comments from US residents may not apply to the stuff you see on the CT webpage....

From appearances though, Simoniz Canada stuff seems to be at the "lower end" of things compared to Megs and Mothers.

They have some nice looking MF mitts though. :)

Corey Bit Spank
07-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Any good deals at Canadian Tire while I`m that way? Any good products that I couldn`t get back in the US (Buffalo area).