PDA

View Full Version : Detailing in Action ?

SK2003TypeS
07-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have any videos of themselves, friends, others, etc. detailing in action ? The only one I`ve seen is the one by David with the black Porsche and the PC. :xyxthumbs

I`m asking this because I`ve read a lot of "How long does it take...?", "How fast do you...?", "How much pressure...?" etc For Example, I read a post with someone saying they could clay a car in 20 minutes, while others take 2 hours. Maybe the person taking 2 hours can learn something to make their process faster and more enjoyable.

I think it would be beneficial for anyone to see how others do it. There are just some things that words can`t explain.

Thanks,

Scott

Glossequation
07-29-2003, 10:13 AM
I`d be interested in perhaps Carmen Electra with nothing on applying some #26 to any vehicle...or herself for that matter...

Spilchy
07-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by blackcaraddict

I`d be interested in perhaps Carmen Electra with nothing on applying some #26 to any vehicle...or herself for that matter...

My friends and I (typical males) are researching opening a topless car wash. We would have a juice bar, music a lounge area, etc... It would be more for the experience than the actual wash! ;)

We have to research the law, local ordinances etc...

Imagine that? How cool. My parents would be so proud!

Well, I better stop now before Lynn comes in and admonishes me for my potty post :D

Glossequation
07-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Lemme know if you need help locating some dirty girls for the car wash!! I like it :up

A full "interior detail" could be done with the customer in the car!! :cool:

Magellan498
07-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Lol, I just knew this post was gonna turn bad when SK2003TypeS said, "Does anyone have any videos of themselves, friends, others, etc..." :lol

shaf
07-29-2003, 01:16 PM
I know theveed had posted a brief video of how to clay at one time. Not as "personal" as David`s video, but still useful for the uninitiated...

JasonC8301
07-29-2003, 01:22 PM
I have access to my godparents cable modem with a whole slew of computers with firewire ports, movie making software, a garage with two Zaino`d cars that need some Z18 clay soon, lots of Zaino that needs to be applied (trying to reach 10000 coats :) ) decent lighting, and my cousin has a digital video camera/recorder thing. I`ll see what I can do.

Spilchy
07-29-2003, 01:39 PM
I think AnthonyOrosco or somebody is putting together a detailing video.

pward76
07-29-2003, 04:24 PM
I wasn`t gonna reply to this but I cannot resist. Several years ago, there was a topless carwash here in Des Moines - yeah, as in Iowa. They had a small garage with blacked out windows and a garage door on either end so the patrons could drive through.

As I understood it, you could sit in your car while topless girls washed your car. It didn`t last too long, but they also did oil changes and lube jobs - and before anybody makes the obvious leap, it was named The Boob and Lube.

No, I didn`t go there....

Glossequation
07-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by pward76

No, I didn`t go there....

yeah, right...:D

you had a "friend" that told you about it?

pward76
07-29-2003, 04:32 PM
I *knew* no one would believe me. Actually, I drove by it twice a day as it was on my route to/from work. I kept hoping the doors would open as I passed but they never did.... :(

SK2003TypeS
07-29-2003, 05:10 PM
JasonC8301, thx, don`t kill yourself, but by all means, if you`re willing to.... :D

Doing something like a few minute vid can be time consuming. Was just hoping someone had some vids already done or links, etc. I`d be cool to get a different take on "How to", plus as I mentioned before it would probably help a bunch of people.

Spilchy,

I saw a post not too long ago about a DVD and producing it would cost thousands. I guess that`s what you`re talking about ?

I guess I asked the wrong question ? hehe.

Thanks all,

Scott