PDA

View Full Version : chocolate on the paint??

dvsmnstr
08-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Hey guys, I just came across this site while digging up some info on detailing a few cars for some extra money for my new apartment. I have followed some things off here and the 2 cars I did came out great, but I have a maxima now (2001) black with what seems to be dried chocolate on the outside front panel.. it does not want to come off.. any ideas? thanks for any help.

john

JaredPointer
08-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Is it really chocolate? It might be tar that has dried to a brown `chocolate looking` consistency. You should try a tar and bug remover for a quick fix. You can pick this stuff up at any local parts store.

Beemerboy
08-26-2004, 09:22 AM
If it was chocolate I would guiess that any decent car soap would take it off, or dish washing soap. I have to agree with dvsmnstr
it would more like tar., ot something along those lines. I would try a bug&rtar remover to start, if that does not work laquer thinner will but you have to use this at wash stages it quite harsh on paint. Use a small amount in an area then wash off tehn repeat untl done. DO NOT use this on plastic coated parts like trim and mirrors.