PDA

View Full Version : BOAT DEATAIL..what is best

E.J.
07-27-2003, 07:29 PM
I have a big favor to ask...will someone be willing to share their secrets with me pertaining to what process and products they are using to detail a fiberglass hull boat.

Just got a 2001 Correctcraft, Super Air Nautique. Best wakeboarding boat ever. I ride in salt water and need to know what the best thing will be to keep this thing looking like it`s a showroom boat.

What compounds, waxes, etc. have you found best? What methods of application work best with these products too? I know it`s a lot to ask, but would be really happy if you would help.

Thanks already,

EJ

Melbourne, FL

imported_BretFraz
07-27-2003, 09:34 PM
I`d suggest using the Search function and looking for threads about boat detailing. We have a few members who have boats and some of our pros have detailed a few.

Frankly I don`t think the procedure for detailing a boat is any different than a car. I don`t think I`d use a wax as it won`t last too long in the water but most decent sealants should work well.

If you wanted to experiment a little I`d try detailing your boat with the same products and tools used on your car and go from there.

hondaguy2582
07-27-2003, 09:43 PM
being an ex boat detailer, i find that 3m foam pad finishing glaze or finesse it 2 for polish, and collinite fleetwax #885 paste wax are the best combo for gelcoats.