PDA

View Full Version : Weird gunk on certain sections of car`s panels

SVR
07-27-2003, 03:16 AM
Some gunk has got onto my car`s paint and made certain sections of panels rough. The problem is that i can`t apply the paint protection products until it`s removed as the fare`cla g3,3M Swirl and Omikron Bodyguard go on easy but is extremely hard to remove as the gunk is scuffing with the products leaving a sticky residue. Don`t have any idea what it is but it`s annoying having some parts of my car ultra smooth and others rough as steel wool.

Will a machine fine cut do the job. It`s almost invisible but you can see if you look hard enough little dots on the paint.

Lustre is still excellent but just rough in patches.

GoodnClean
07-27-2003, 03:18 AM
Have you tried using a claybar?

SVR
07-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Have absolutely no experience with them. Seen it used on TV but I`ll give it a go.

Accumulator
07-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Yeah, "clay it" is the standard answer for what you`re experiencing. Try it first before getting out the heavy abrasives.

SVR
07-28-2003, 05:32 AM
You got it, i need to get some anyway. I`ve never had a reason to use it before thus have never used it. Will clay the car then farecla g3,3m swirl,omikron bodyguard then malco flash wax.

Wash with my filtered water and apply another coat of bodyguard in 9 months.

Thanks.

rastamann88
07-28-2003, 05:54 AM
I would try a tar and grease remover or wax remover first, then polish and rewax area.

SVR
08-15-2003, 03:33 AM
All fixed. Spent 6 hours today doing a water wash including raising the rear end of chassis stands and blasting the wheel wells and underside of car clean with the Karcher.

Did the usual wheels,tires,RD Black wheel arch paint then began the paint restoration.

Cleaned the gunk off with acidet and then by hand applied Fare`cla G3 paste followed by Meguiars Pro SMR (haven`t got the 3M SMR yet)

With my ultra soft finishing pad, applied PPG Final Glaze 2000 wet look sealant and completed with MALCO flash wax but will try out the 3M Premium Liquid Wax when rewaxing time comes.

Amazing reflections. Incredible lustre and smoothness.