PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

RGoose18
08-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks to you guys and this forum I decided to pick up a PC and some SSR2.5 + SSR1. I also got a pad set from Megs. I plan on washing the car, claybarring, SSR2.5, SSR1, then finish off w/ some NXT. My question is, does this seem like an effective process or do I need more products to give it that extra PoP?? Thanks in advance -Ryan

Also, my car is phoenix yellow(Honda) w/ some decent waterspotting. I`m going to a car show on Sat. and want it to look tip top.

gnev8
08-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Personally, I would replace the NXT with PB EX-P.
I am about to do that combo myself.

I used NXT once and wasn`t all that impressed.
It does get alot of good reviews here though.
Personal preference I guess.

jaybs02
08-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by gnev8
Personally, I would replace the NXT with PB EX-P.
I am about to do that combo myself.

:yeah

Then top it off with some Natty`s

RGoose18
08-25-2004, 08:08 PM
All I`ve got right now is some left over Zaino, no EX-P or natty`s, they`ll be on order in the next couple of days, think that`ll work or hold out??

gnev8
08-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Use the nxt now and do EX-P next time.
Then you can compare and let us know what you like better.

You know it won`t be long before you need to do it again. :D
Not because the paint needs it, but you`ll need it.

And I do plan to top my EX-P with Natty`s.
My current topper is Souvran, I`m dying to try Natty`s

kimwallace
08-25-2004, 08:20 PM
The NXT should look awesome on that color, especially after prepping with the SSR`s.
What I expect you will see though is a little loss or reflectiveness when applying NXT.
But it will have a wet look ... even better after it sits overnight.
Let us know how it comes out!

CharlesW
08-25-2004, 08:30 PM
I don`t think you will be disappointed with what you plan to do.
One of our vehicles has had the following steps.
Meg`s #9 Swirl Remover (PB didn`t have the SSR`s when I bough it)
PB`s PwC
Meg`s NXT
It happens to be the GTP in my gallery.
To me, the NXT looks very good. It does seem to, IMO, darken the paint`s appearance somewhat. I like it, you might not.
It also seems to look even better several hours after application. Like overnite. :dunno

Charles

RGoose18
08-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by kimwallace
The NXT should look awesome on that color, especially after prepping with the SSR`s.
What I expect you will see though is a little loss or reflectiveness when applying NXT.
But it will have a wet look ... even better after it sits overnight.
Let us know how it comes out!

Any way to avoid this "loss of reflectiveness"???? I don`t want to work all day on a high gloss finish and kill it w/ the NXT, I think I may just substitute Zaino for the NXT.

00Ranger
08-25-2004, 09:53 PM
I agree with kim I think the NXT will look awesome on that color. IMO...but it`s like everything else in the detailing world some like it and some don`t. It all comes down to what your eyes like the best.