PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase Sonus to apply and remove KSG?

imported_NHBFAN
07-26-2003, 04:11 PM
I purchase the Klasse twins several months ago. After my initial application of AIO + SG I wasn`t too impressed. Perhaps the weather was too cool.

Since I already own these products I plan to give them another try next weekend.

Should I purchase Sonus to apply and remove KSG?

switerajaya
07-26-2003, 04:16 PM
In between coats of SG you could use Sonus. It doesn`t leave a residue on moldings so you won`t need it for that. I just did my `vette with AIO/SGx3 and I just ended up waiting for the next wash before putting on another coat of SG.

imported_NHBFAN
07-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Pecs_McCoy

Are you happy with your results? Do you plan to top the SG with a carnuba?

switerajaya
07-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Check this out (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=243202#post243202) I did the `vette and I`m very pleased with the results.

imported_NHBFAN
07-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Pecs,

Your Vette looks awesome!

I purchased Sonus tonight. Plan on starting the Klasse routine next weekend.

$19.90 (including shipping) for 16 oz of QD is a little steep. Hope it`s worth it.

JasonC8301
07-26-2003, 09:55 PM
Apply and remove Klasse? I have been through lots of bottles of SG, should be an Autopian record (althogh I only fully drained 2 bottles, 2 went out to family/firneds, 1 went in a trade) and at first would apply and remove, good results, then I let it dry, but did coats back to back, now it has evolved into 24 hour cure times and hour+ dry times. The most reliable and useful method is one slightly damp mf, wipe acorss surface, then follow up with a dry mf to buff to a shine. Boy how things can change in 2 years.....

imported_NHBFAN
07-26-2003, 11:04 PM
JasonC8301

So now do you let SG cure for 24 hours?

JasonC8301
07-26-2003, 11:10 PM
NHBFAN, On most of the cars I detail, I don`t have time to apply multiple coats of SG over a period of a few days. I did it to one car and the results were hard to capture on camera but the incease in shine and depth was noted. My Klasse AIO is still used, SG used but at once in a blue moon status but I still have some in my bag, Zaino seems to be used now due to the ZFX allow me multiple coats. (oh yeah, I don`t have a car, nor a garage, but I can with confidence I have my license to drive.)