PDA

View Full Version : Did I apply too much wax?

Blackmirror
07-26-2003, 12:31 AM
On top of 5 coats of SG on my GN, I have sprayed so far a coat of Meguiars new quick wax spray bottle. I notice hazy spots on the car under fair lighting conditions. Could it be because I applied too much wax on the area or is it because of the hot humid weather? Or I just didn`t buff it well enough?

Scottwax
07-26-2003, 12:41 AM
Probably just didn`t completely wipe away the Meguiars Quick Wax.

shaf
07-26-2003, 03:51 AM
How long ago did you apply the SG? I assume you also waited the 24 hours between coats?

Blackmirror
07-26-2003, 07:10 AM
Yeah waited 24 hours between SG coats. I did all my SGing in April.

DaGonz
07-26-2003, 08:35 AM
I have used Meguiar`s Quick Wax for touchups. If it is humid out, it takes a tad longer to set up.

Betsy02
07-26-2003, 09:31 PM
I had hazy spots on my car from using Meguires Quick Detailer. I switched to Clearkote QD and don`t have that problem anymore.

JasonC8301
07-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Blackmirror, quick wax isn`t meant to be used like a QD. You spray it and spread it all over the car. you let it haze over, then buff off. Sort of like applying a liquid wax in spray bottle form, plus you have to do this to a clean car.....

shaf
07-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Hmm, I don`t suppose a QDing has helped any? :nixweiss

KCPreki11
07-27-2003, 02:03 PM
Jason is right, although I have used it as a QD sort of. Just wait for it to haze and then buff it out pretty tough.

airjames
07-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

Blackmirror, quick wax isn`t meant to be used like a QD. You spray it and spread it all over the car. you let it haze over, then buff off. Sort of like applying a liquid wax in spray bottle form, plus you have to do this to a clean car.....

Wait a sec here!!!:bounce QD`ing and quick waxing are 2 different things?!?!?!? I didn`t know this, someone care to educate me on the 2 differences????? Not mad, just didn`t know this,,,,,,91

JasonC8301
07-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Quick Detailing/QD`s have a certain additive or formulation to give theme excellent lubrication characteristics to encapsulate the dirt and dust and safely remove them from the surface. Durability though is suffered by the QD. The QD improves shine, but doesn`t add a lot of durability and rejuvinates the wax a little, but not much.

Quick Waxing like Meguiar`s Quik Wax or Eagle one Wax as you dry doesn`t have the lubricating characteristics of a QD. Hence the need for a clean car. The plus is that the quick wax rejuviantes the wax on the suface more than a QD, extending the life of the wax a little more than a regular QD.

Now there are compromises between quick waxes and QD`s. Pinnacle Crystal Mist and One Grand Show off come to mind. They don`t quite perform like Meguiar`s #34 in terms of lubrication, nor do these QD`s provide the extra added rejuvination as a quick wax, but they are a good compromise.

Hope this helps,

Jason

airjames
07-27-2003, 10:33 PM
:up

Well said Jason :xyxthumbs Just seemed to me that QD`s and Quick waxing were the same, well I guess they are the same just different characteristics. Tks again,,,,,,91

Life is too short for anything, you only get 1 chance to live. Have fun, spend time with buddies and rock on!