PDA

View Full Version : oxo feather tip brush for underneath

hondaguy2582
07-24-2003, 12:37 PM
is the oxo brush the best thing for underneath the lower panels of the car where tar builds up, because they end up tarring up my mitts, and i end up having to get new ones for my finish and use the old ones for crap spots. would the brush help at all?

Spilchy
07-24-2003, 01:03 PM
I love that thing! it works great, plus it floats in the bucket.

Really filthy cars I work on get washed with it.

I highly recommend it. It is super soft, yet has some teeth to it. It works well on truck and SUV wheels too. You can do moldings, bumpers, grills etc...

Definately add it to your arsenal.

gnahc79
07-24-2003, 01:48 PM
I use it on the underside of the lower panels, rear bumper, and entire front bumper if it`s really loaded with dirt & bugs. Works great! :)

hondaguy2582
07-25-2003, 09:27 AM
where`s the best place to purchase the oxo feathertip brush, ive seen it for 9.95 on some sites, and 12.95 on others?

hondaguy2582
07-25-2003, 09:47 AM
nvm, i just purchased from pinnacle since they had their 10% discount, got it for 14.91.

Spilchy
07-25-2003, 10:49 AM
If you have built up tar, you`ll have to use a tar remover. I LOVE Stoner Tarminator. Spray on and watch it dissolve.

Accumulator
07-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Back on my soapbox, so pardon the broken-record effect. For cleaning the lower areas and the undercarriage, I prefer Griot`s long handled boar`s hair wheel brush (pn 92547).

The problem I`ve encountered with flagged plastic bristles is that the flagging wears away leaving scratch-inducing UNflagged bristles. At least inspect them very carefully before/during each use. I`d rather just use the boar`s hair and not worry about it.

Heh heh, am I the *ONLY* person who uses clay to remove tar? I can`t imagine using a tar remover and then having to redo my wax or sealant every time. Just cleaned some nasty, hardened tar off Accumulatorette`s A8 with clay. Worked like a charm. I DID wonder if that one would require a solvent (and subsequent rewaxing), but it didn`t. I *CAN* imagine it being so bad that clay wouldn`t work, but only if you left it on there for quite a while. Anyhow, just my experience...