PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the Porsche Cal Central Coast Concours

Onehole
07-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Had a great day and a great win. :D

Pics from Cal Central Coast Concours (http://www.brackenrig.net/CCCR2003concours.htm)

JasonC8301
07-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Congrats! :xyxthumbs

Are you the pre-teen girl or the guy presenting the award to the pre-teen girl? :D

Must be fun driving the Boxter S. I am getting my kicks off of corning a 4 banger Corolla at 45 :p

Anyway, congrats on the win and I hope that red Porsche (guards red, burgundy red?) with the matching car bra is treated well. I would shudder is cold chills if the bra was never removed....

Jason

Onehole
07-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

Congrats! :xyxthumbs

Are you the pre-teen girl or the guy presenting the award to the pre-teen girl? :D

Must be fun driving the Boxter S. I am getting my kicks off of corning a 4 banger Corolla at 45 :p

Anyway, congrats on the win and I hope that red Porsche (guards red, burgundy red?) with the matching car bra is treated well. I would shudder is cold chills if the bra was never removed....

Jason

The pre-teen does a great job working on the car...just ask her dad :D

The red Boxster is "Orient Red". The bra of course comes off for events, but stays on most other times.

The owner has done 30k miles in 18 mths, so its very very tough to do those sort of miles and still show the car successfully....and they do!

My Boxster is just 18 mths old and I have 11k miles on it. But to be competitive I just had the front half of the car resprayed. So I guess my bra is going to go on more often as well too. :(

MBZ 500E
07-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Nice job on the win.:up

I find that Porsche Owners are a rare bread, they are one of the few enthusiast car owners that not only show their cars but truly drive them.

On a side note regarding the respray I`ve been talking to a guy about getting large magnetic sheets which I can cut into shape and apply to the metal parts of my car. The bad news is the sheets can blow off above 100mph so I`ll have to be careful but at least for shows and long distance trips I`ll be protected. You might want to look into something similar for your fenders and hood if they`re steel. Let me know and I`ll put you in contact with the guy.

Deanski
07-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Nice cars.

One thing on traveling with the vehicle.

ARMORGLOVE! Armorglove on the finest cars (http://www.armorglove.com/About/index.html)

I have it on my `03 Lexus SC430 and love it! Best investment I made!!!

My choice for Armorglove was the fact that all the high-end cars in our area have it on and I`ve seen the work they do and the way they use and cut the product. Most clear bras stop at the edge of a hood, Armorglove wraps the hood so the only edge you see is where it ends.

Strap-on bras are too much trouble and can capture debris as the car travels and then start to abrade the finish. I have a new one still in the box for the SC430, one of the best and never used it.

Good luck at the matches!!!!

Regards,

Deanski