PDA

View Full Version : OK my paint rejuvenation steps, please check for me!

DopeCelicaGT
07-23-2003, 11:27 PM
One wash with Dawn to remove all old wax, so forth etc. I just clayed like 2 weeks ago so I am probably going to skip this step, I may wash 2 times just to be sure, anyway on to number 3 dry vehicle and use Meguiar`s Body Scrub, then 3M Finish Restorer, Meguiars #2 polish, then #7 glaze, then build up several layers of #26 yellow wax! Does anybody see anything wrong with this or have any recommendations? I am getting some Zaino stuff in a few weeks so should I do thos for now or should I just wash it and wait 2 weeks for the Zaino???? Please let me know if u see any flaws with doing this or if u have any recommendations! Thanks!

Patrick
07-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Dope, its all a matter of preference and technique.....

If your happy with your results, stick with them, take mental notes, then try some different products...Use your original results as a baseline and see if theres room for improvements elsewhere with those other products....Dont be afraid to buy other stuff, its all part of the learning curve.....

Just remenber, theres always a product that will meet your needs, and if there isnt, adjust your technique until your product works for you......

DopeCelicaGT
07-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Will I be doing any damage by using the techniques described above or more or less the products described above?

shaf
07-24-2003, 03:10 AM
I think between Body Scrub and Finish Restorer it`s a bit of a toss-up. Which is stronger? :nixweiss Try a section with each and see what you think. I know Body Scrub sounds tough, but remember that it is a retail consumer product...

Skip one of the Step 2 Polish (Deep Crystal stuff right?) or #7 - they are redundant.

If you have Zaino coming in 2 weeks though I`d just wait before starting polishing...

DopeCelicaGT
07-24-2003, 10:31 PM
OK I did all the above today in the garage and I must say the car looked stunning in flourescent light and outside right when the sun was setting however now as th night came it seems to me like my car is duller, I dunno it looked shiny as hell in flouro light and outside in the sunset but it doesnt seem reflective much at night maybe cause there just isnt enough light LOL!!! Anyway it was a lot of work got rid of all or most of the swirls for now however now I have these hard water looking marks and they will not come off, o well maybe next time, see my car stays outside 24/7 so every night all the dew get s on it and well u know the sun comes up the next day and ries all this waer on my car LOL not cool but hey what can I do until I move into my house??? Later guys and thanks for your help!