PDA

View Full Version : dirt keeps coming out of carpets, it s never ending !!

chip douglas
07-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey all, i`m using the lil green from bissell to carpet clean both my gf`s and my car, but the thing is on the passenger side(which obviously is the most soiled side) dirt keep coming out, and im wondering when it s going to end............could it be that it is the carpet that is fading ? i admit the back, and the passenger side is a bit cleaner, in other words i managed to clean to an acceptable level, where the water is almost clear now. but on the driver`s side, it`s a nightmare !! what i do is i pre-spot, then apply shampoo, and let em both sit for about 20 minutes, then rinse all of it with hot water, but it comes out dirty all the time.

yet the carpet havent been cleaned in a longgg while so, part of it is normal.

to wrap it all up, does it happen to a lot of you as well, cause i have been cleaning em for say 7 times in a row, and im about to get out the straightjacket now ;)

any advise or reasurring input would be welcome :D

Patrick
07-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Something you dont want to get into the habit of doing is cleaning the carpet prior to a good thorough vacuuming, otherwise, (and Im not implying you did it wrong) you keep sucking up wet dirt from the depths.......Maybe let it go this time and next time really give it a GOOD vacuum......

shaf
07-24-2003, 02:24 AM
Sounds like my floor mats. :rolleyes:

I haven`t hit them with the Bissell yet, but before I do I might go to a gas station and pay to use their 10000 HP vacuum cleaner on them first! :lol

Right now, I use a regular household vacuum for regular cleanings, and it is not strong enough to get the deep-down dirt out. I can hang the mat up and beat it until my arms are sore, but the thing seems like some kind of magical bottomless source of sand and dust that never runs out!

Spilchy
07-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Bang them out really, really well. Then take the hose nozzle and drench the mats and use the nozzle as a brush and literally scrub the mat with it as the water comes out. After a few minutes, the water will be clean. In the begining, it will look like you`re washing with brown water. Then spritz the carpet with cleaner and scrub well with a brush. The water that is logged in the mat along with the solution will make for a nice foamy cleaning. Then rinse with the hose nozzle again until it rinses clean. THEN, use a wet/dry vac (filter removed) and extract the water. (I use my 6.5HP Craftsman). Keep making passes over the mat pressing down real hard to extract everything. Buff the matt with an old clean towel and then leave in the sun. In about 2 hours in the hot sun, it should be completely dry.

I do this with every floor mat I encounter and they always come out great!

The reason why you`re not seeing results is because the Bissell blows. You need to rinse them clean of ingrained dirt, scrub with cleaner, rinse until clean of the solution and extract.

chip douglas
07-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi there Spilchy, thanks for the tips, but i was referring to the actual floor carpets, not the mats. i guess part of it is indeed wet dirt that i pick up as the vaccuming was not properly done first(though i though it was)......i`ll learn from that ;)

i`ll hit them once more this afternoon and let you know how close the straighjacket gets from me afterwards :D

take care all