PDA

View Full Version : PPG vs S100

58fury
07-23-2003, 06:03 PM
ordered Pinn Paste Glaz recently, currently use S100 and love it, i basically ordered PPG just out of curiousity?? plus my S100 is 50% gone. what can i expect from it? ive heard from searches, PPG "pops out" at you more, whereas S100 has a shiny look with good depth. I`ll be entered in a VW show in Aug, and will prob try #7 then top with PPG, any thoughts?

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 06:31 PM
I think you are really going to like it. Especially on silver. It adds more of a glow along the body lines than S100 does. The only downside is that it has the typical Pinnacle bug attracting scent and it doesn`t rinse as clean in the rain. Those are mild drawbacks considering that the appearance is so outstanding. Generally the other waxes and S100 are pretty equal and the difference is subtle. On silver I think the difference is pretty dramatic. I love my PPG.

BradE
07-23-2003, 06:38 PM
In my expierence PPG is pretty poor in the durability department. I got maybe 2 weeks out of it. Max.

:down :down

58fury
07-23-2003, 07:54 PM
well im just interested to see the results myself, wasn`t aware of the bug issue lol, and as far as durability goes i did here it wasn`t the best, no biggie i wax id say about once a month anyways, what about layering PPG, would it increase the durability??

thanks

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Nah. Just wax every 3 weeks and it will always look great. It may not be the most durable wax known to man, but its a good looking one. I don`t think 2 weeks is normal durablilty. I`ve always gotten 4 or 5 weeks at least. :nixweiss

58fury
07-23-2003, 08:02 PM
:D just a quick ?, why is PPG about 1/2 the $ of Souvern:nixweiss PPG is intended for lighter cars, whereas Souvern is for darker ones, they are both made up of more or less they same ingredients correct:nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 08:08 PM
They are way different. I couldn`t tell you how they are different chemicaly, but appearance wise they are very different. IMO it doesn`t get better than PPG over Souveran. Its a good combination. I believe that Trade Secret is basicly the same thing as PPG as well. Souveran has really different attributes once it is on your car in the areas of durability, dusting, and appearance. Having used them side by side I can say that I can see the difference. PPG does something to the body lines on light colored cars that Souveran doesn`t do.

offcenter
07-23-2003, 08:26 PM
4DR Turbo,

I have the same color car as you. I have PPG and S100 (P21S). On Reflex Silver, I prefer PPG. Easy on, easy off and it makes that Silver glow. Even if it doesn`t last as long, it is so easy to apply, I use it monthly.:xyxthumbs

58fury
07-23-2003, 08:51 PM
cant wait to see the "look" of PPG, and like S100 its a breeze to apply / buff. So have you layered PPG?

offcenter
07-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 4DR Turbo

cant wait to see the "look" of PPG, and like S100 its a breeze to apply / buff. So have you layered PPG?

I never layered PPG, I have 1xAIO, 3XSG and PPG as a topper. Since I use PPG monthly, each week after washing I use Clearkote Quikshine or occasionally Poorboys EX.

Since PPG is a wipe on, wipe off, no waiting wax, it doesn`t take much more time than a QD, so it`s my first choice as a topper.

Patrick
07-23-2003, 11:40 PM
In my expierence PPG is pretty poor in the durability department. I got maybe 2 weeks out of it. Max.

Thats about what I get from S100....Im lucky if I get two washes....

58fury
08-02-2003, 11:55 PM
applied PPG tonight, went well, looks fantastic, although i still haven`t seen it in the sunlight, cant wait for that, and i did notice some bugs crawling around on the paint, its true they love the stuff lol

offcenter
08-03-2003, 09:51 AM
4DR Turbo,

You need to get a look in the sun and also late in the afternoon. The paint will glow like you won`t believe.