PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple DACP+Z5+S100 pics...

C. Charles Hahn
07-22-2003, 08:18 PM
I`ll take a pic of the whole car later, but here`s a couple I just took while in the garage (cant get a good whole-car shot in there.)

C. Charles Hahn
07-22-2003, 08:20 PM
this was DACPed using the PC, followed by 3x Z5/ZFX, and then one coat of S100 to top. :bounce

I thought this one was cool, the lights were off and the window cast this reflection onto the hood/windshield.

P.NOiZE
07-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Looks good!

I`m getting my first bottle of DACP tomorrow. I`m excited!

:bounce

Deanski
07-22-2003, 08:35 PM
VERY VERY NICE!!!

Have you seen my red SC430? Deanski SC430 (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9599&thumb=1)

There have been results in some people using Poorboy`s EX over Zaino.

What, no Z2? Still nice as hell! Did you get any streaks with Z5?

And you went straight from DACP to Z5, which shows others that it CAN be done. ALl it takes is the right pads and technique to get the resulst. DACP is one hell of a cleaner and polish if used correctly. I`ve stepped down to 3M PIII-MG and Mez-FP or #3 for that mirror look.

Now this is how it`s done with DACP!

Regards,

Deanski

C. Charles Hahn
07-22-2003, 08:48 PM
lol no Z2 this go-around, I had to have it ready for a trip this weekend or I would`ve taken the time for it. No streaks with Z5 (this bottle is actually around a year old... just stock I had to use up.)

I haven`t tried EX yet... thats in my plans for this fall though.

as for DACP directly to Z5, yes it can be done.... the last "major-detail" I did on it prior to this was 3M SMR followed by 3x Z5/ZFX. That combo lasted a good 4-5 months even with no topper (this was the end of summer and into fall before I put on winter coats)

we`ll see how this holds up and go from there. :up

Thanks for the compliments... oh and nice SC Deanski! :xyxthumbs

Deanski
07-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the comp on my SC430! It took a bit, but it`s almost perfect. "Swirl mark and scratch application department" victim at dealer.

The EX is pretty good for some I`v heard.

One day, I have to try this VM stuff Clearkote puts out.

I love how well DACP cleans finishes! I`ve seen too many people not let it break down fully or work the area so hard it hazes.

Keep it up and hope it lasts!

Regards,

Deanski

russ968
07-22-2003, 10:27 PM
Nice work Shiny. Quick question on process...did you Dawn wash between the 3M SMR and the Z5? You have to really pleased with your garage! It looks great and I`ll bet it is a pleasure to work in. :up

Russ

C. Charles Hahn
07-23-2003, 06:45 AM
nope- the only thing I did inbetween was I double-QDed with mothers showtime and then Z6. There were no adhesion/bonding problems I saw.

C. Charles Hahn
07-23-2003, 01:16 PM
ok here`s a couple more of the car outside in daylight

C. Charles Hahn
07-23-2003, 01:18 PM
last one

Deanski
07-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Excuse me if I stop staring and get my sunglasses before I burn my eyes! Superb job!

I tried Z5 on my birds-eye maple panels on the SC430, and it really brings out the effects of the birds-eye. Next, I`ll add a little EX over it for some nice wax warmth.

Have a nice day! Now go park it before you blind someone with that thing!

Regards,

Deanski