PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO questions

Pages : [1] 2

Heff
07-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey guys I just ordered a bottle of klasse AIO, after hearing about everyone using it, to replace my platinum paint cleaner, and I have some questions. Is this a professional ,show car grade product? when I read the description and it says it can be used for furniture among other things it looks like one of those infomercial type products a professional would never use on his car. However it seems like everyone on this site is using this product, so it must be pretty good. Also what is the correct use for this product? I bought it to use as a pre cleaner before I apply wax or polymer sealants, is this what it`s best for? Lastly, it says it`s an acrylic, that leaves a waxlike finish. Is acrylic good for cars, I`ve never heard that term used for car products. Any tips or experiences from AIO users would be appreciated,

thanks,

Heff

Jngrbrdman
07-22-2003, 07:42 PM
AIO is going to clean your paint and leave it looking great. The product in and of itself doesn`t add much to the appearance of the vehicle, however. Most of the appearance difference you see is the way the car should look anyway but its been covered in oxidation or whatever. AIO isn`t a stand alone kind of product. I don`t know anyone who has anything negative to say about AIO. Its certianly not bad for your car and will leave it cleaner than most of the products out there on the market. Its a great base for any sealant you want to use after it. Its not going to leave you with a showcar shine after using it though. Its going to take more than just AIO to do that. AIO will only clean the paint. The showcar shine is what you get when you use a real sealant or wax.

Neb
07-22-2003, 08:47 PM
its a great cleaner! also, my car looks a tiny bit more reflective, but thats probably just me. Black car + klasse = yum :D now on to SG! (been working on my car all day today, haha)

Accumulator
07-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Heff- I`ve yet to have ANY staining on trim with AIO, so I use it to clean all kinds of surfaces. Works well on textured black finishes. I`ve even used it (very gently) to clean exterior rubber (yeah, that`s a :nono but it worked fine for me). Side glass, rear windows, wiper arms, you name it, AIO works well on it.

BryanPendleton
07-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

The showcar shine is what you get when you use a real sealant or wax.

A "real sealant"? I thought Klasse AOI and SG were real sealants. If Klasse is not a sealants then what products are?

In my book a "sealant" is there to seal and protect your time and labor spent cleaning and polishing your paint. Waxing is where you achieve the "bling" factor.

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BryanPendleton

A "real sealant"? I thought Klasse AOI and SG were real sealants. If Klasse is not a sealants then what products are?

In my book a "sealant" is there to seal and protect your time and labor spent cleaning and polishing your paint. Waxing is where you achieve the "bling" factor.

SG is the sealant. AIO is just the cleaning part. It may provide some sort of short term protection, but the results people want to see are obtained by using the Sealant Glaze and not the All In One cleaner product. You could put 400 coats of AIO on a new car and you won`t see any difference after the 400th coat than you saw on the first or second coat. Its primary purpose is to clean the paint and not necessarily to protect it. Its a base for the sealant and a cleaner for the paint. That`s about it.

BryanPendleton
07-23-2003, 04:26 PM

SG is the sealant. AIO is just the cleaning part. It may provide some sort of short term protection, but the results people want to see are obtained by using the Sealant Glaze and not the All In One cleaner product. You could put 400 coats of AIO on a new car and you won`t see any difference after the 400th coat than you saw on the first or second coat. Its primary purpose is to clean the paint and not necessarily to protect it. Its a base for the sealant and a cleaner for the paint. That`s about it.

I understand that AIO contains cleaning agents that would make it pointless (or near pointless) if you tried layering the product, but if what you are saying is true then Klasse AIO is being mis-advertised, because everywhere I see it marketed as an acrylic sealant just like SG is, except AIO has the cleaning and polishing agents.

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 04:31 PM
I agree. That is why I used the word "coat" instead of the word "layer". It is also why you wouldn`t see any difference after the 400th layer.

AIO may not be misadvertising. It does have some protective qualities in it. The longetivity is in the SG, though. That is the product you want to use if you want long lasting shine and protection. It may barely meet the qualifications of a sealant by definition, but its not a sealant that can be layered and the durability of this product as a "sealant" is questionable all by itself.

I don`t know why someone would become educated enough to know what a great product Klasse is and then just purchase the AIO and use that all by itself anyway. I would think that they would buy the SG to go along with it too. If you are using it on a clean surface (which can be preped by any number of products other than AIO) then the SG can be used all by itself anyway.

BryanPendleton
07-23-2003, 04:39 PM

If you are using it on a clean surface (which can be preped by any number of products other than AIO) then the SG can be used all by itself anyway.

Yeah, most of the people I know that use Klasse products, use other polishing and cleaning products, then seal with SG and top with a wax of choice.

Neb
07-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Just checking, but is it just me, or is SG very watery? Quite a difference in thickness compared to AIO.

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 04:42 PM
SG is kind of like watery milk. Its supposed to be that way.

CuriousJa
07-23-2003, 05:04 PM
i agree with Heff(the person who started this thread) Klasse does seem like something that would be advertised on one of those cheap infomercials trying to sell lousy products. does anyone know the REAL history behind Klasse and if it has any good refferances or recomendations by well known companies or people OTHER then the people on this website? Thanks- Ja..............P.S.- i still love the way AIO cleaned up all my cars though, and it even made my vette which was in perfect condition prior to using the AIO look great when topped with PS

imported_Intermezzo
07-23-2003, 05:23 PM
I`m going to offer an alternative POV regarding AIO and say that it IS an excellent pre-cleaner AND sealant....hence the name. While I agree with Showroom and Jngrbrdman that relatively speaking, AIO provides very marginal protection when compared to pure sealants like KSG and Zaino, it still was originally intended as an all in one product that provided light polishing as well as protecting. Keep in mind that AIO was introduced many years before KSG and was DESIGNED to work by itself.

Also, I do not believe that beading is a good indicator of protection. In my experience, AIO simply does not bead water very well....even on the first wash.

I think YoSteve said it best in that "all of our standards shot through the roof after being here a bit" and the protection provided by AIO simply isn`t enough. We like to coat our cars with blanket after blanket of impermeable crosslinked layers of sealant. AIO isn`t going to do that for you, however it still does leave some protection on your car that lasts substantially longer than its beading and slickness properties. IMO, it`s an excellent one-step product for the non-enthusiast who just wants to wax his/her car 3-4 times a year.

Anyone use only AIO and not SG on top? (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14289)

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Other than the ZERO negative reviews on AIO, I don`t have any other proof that it does what it advertises that it does. Other than the half dozen cars that I`ve used it on this year alone where it totally restored a surface that was otherwise ruined with oxidation, I really don`t have any other proof to show you that it isn`t some cheap fly by night rip off. From what I have heard from more sites than just this one, it doesn`t disappoint anybody who uses it. Klasse has been in business longer than I`ve been around and I don`t think they could maintain that if they were getting a lot of negative reviews.

imported_CBX Carl
07-23-2003, 05:58 PM
I became a convert of the Klasse AIO / SG products and and extremely satisfied with 18 months of use on my new 2002 Truck. The product has its own unique learning curve and the search feature here will surely assist in your effort to utilize the product to achieve optium results, basically a stunning finish. AIO as a singular product is fine and with the addition of the SG you extend the protection timeframe of the total work product. Your AIO effort will last longer with the addition of the SG. IMO the greatest amount of effort and time invested is the car prep and subsequent AIO application.

To achieve the maximum return on this effort/time investment it seems only logical to apply the SG. The SG is a low effort application compared to the prep/AIO and is well worth it.

I just recently added the S100 wax as a topper to the SG. Easy application and removal , results are wonderful as well.