PDA

View Full Version : Tips about #26

Alexaris
07-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi

This past weekend I work with the 26 (Paste), but is a pain in.. to work with, cause you leave a lot of small amounts of wax on your car (doors, seals, etc.). Anyone have an advice to work with 26.

I really wish I have the liquid.

am I doing something wrong. Experiences?

Thx

:nixweiss

hondaguy2582
07-22-2003, 06:17 PM
had the same problems your experiencing with the paste. Ill be testing #20 and #26 liquid as soon as i receive them in the mail.

imported_indy
07-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Check out this thread for some good tips on using #26.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26071

shyne
07-23-2003, 05:13 AM
maybe your using to much since you gettin it all over the place. i`ve been using #26 for awhile and i love it. small amounts should be used and try using a machine it makes the job much faster:D

everner
07-23-2003, 08:09 AM
When I use #26, I put in on THIN, rubbing it in, till it almost shines. I do half a panel at a time. I have been removing it with a MF, but after reading Mike`s ditty about terry cloth, and the shearing action of MF, I`m going to try the TC and see how it comes out. I really like MF, but what Mike said makes sense to me.

audio1der
07-23-2003, 08:12 AM
I can empathize; I have started a few panels a little applicator-wax heavy, with chunks of wax left in cracks.

Make sure it`s going on VERY thin!

It`s worth it for the extra durability.

Acura_RL
07-23-2003, 12:44 PM
I`ve never used the paste version, but the liquid version is great.

You may want to try applying a very thin layer. Also, wax the entire car first before buffing. #26 doesn`t really dry, so it won`t hurt to leave it on. As long as you apply it thin you should be fine.

Also, Mike Phillips recommends, when using the paste version, that you spin the applicator in the container. The friction will liquify the paste wax and it will be easier to apply.