PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of URAD for leather?

Jngrbrdman
07-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Someone on another site is boasting it as the best product for leather ever made and it will restore the leather in the car. It looks like its just for horse saddle leather. I can`t imagine that it would be a big seller for automobile leather. Does anyone have any feedback on this product? Their website is www.urad.org

shaf
07-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Gee, we`ve got a 10 year old jar of that stuff lying around. They said it was good for basically any non-porus shoe material.... I`ve never even considered using it on my seats. :confused:

It`s kind of old and dried out a bit I think, but I wonder how it`d do....

disasnguy
07-23-2003, 12:20 AM
i`ve been wondering the same thing

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Something that makes a great shoe polish isn`t necessarily something that I would put on my leather seats. Shoe leather and seat leather are pretty different. I wouldn`t use my seat leather on my shoes, so I don`t see why it would work the other way. I`d love to see some long term testing on it. Some spammer on another forum is saying that it is the best stuff in the world and is trying to sell it to everybody to use on their leather seats. I`d like to know if what he is suggesting is wise or not. disasnguy knows who I`m talking about. ;)

Hey, Brian... Any chance of getting a picture of this 10 year old jar of product? I`d love to flash that to the guy if he tries to say its brand new or something. lol ;)

shaf
07-23-2003, 02:56 PM
I dunno.... how are shoe leather and seat leather really that different? These days, they`re both probably "coated" and they said Urad could be used on handbags and other stuff as well... :nixweiss

I`ll try and get a photo of this stuff later if I can. :)