PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from 3M

outdoorsr
07-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Quote from a rep from 3M who emailed me back. "Swirl mark remover is designed to remove most swirls and fill very small imperfections."

Does that sound correct or just really vague? My findings so far is that SMR filled more than it removed. Usage was :

PC with CMA yellow and white pads

shaf
07-22-2003, 04:16 PM
SMR seems quite mild in the grand scope of things. It`s good for hazing and light swirls, but not much more I think...

I`m beginning to think the industry definition of a "swirl" is something that is very light and superficial.

imported_memnuts
07-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Sound perfect to me. Elimination of minor surface marring with compliment filling.

imported_Intermezzo
07-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

SMR seems quite mild in the grand scope of things. It`s good for hazing and light swirls, but not much more I think...

I`m beginning to think the industry definition of a "swirl" is something that is very light and superficial.

I agree....it`s a pretty mild product and should be used more as a second step from a heavier compound.

The industry definition of a swirl is what we Autopians like to refer to as hazing from compounding. IOW, this product is actually a buffer-swirl mark remover.