PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 Manufactured 09/2002

Pages : [1] 2

ksquared
07-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Guys,

Just recently purchased (7 days ago) a new M3 Convertible (black on silver - love it). 10 miles when purchased

Question - the car was manufactured in Sept 2002. I`m sure its had its wear and tear since then ... rail dust etc. The dealer looked at me like i was smoking crack when I asked him not to `detail` the car ... you mean you want to drive the car off the lot looking like this (a little dusty, etc)? My reply ... yes ... I was the `you gotta see this` guy of the dealership that day. Whatever .... you should have seen the brushes on poles they were using to `detail` the new cars.

OK the question. Are there any issues with Claying, Cleaning, Protecting w/PC and Waxing a `new` car. Anything to be concerned/careful with?

Thanks in advance - k2

Blue-Sun
07-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the purchase :showpics

Yah, I experienced a dealer free wash with those brushes, well almost experienced. I ran out of the waiting area no, not that car!

Don`t worry too much about the car. it might be dirty and all, but the paint`s cured and probably screaming for a detail. Take your time and take lots of pics!

rleven
07-22-2003, 02:09 PM
How did you end up with an `02 with 10 miles on it. Make sure you get the 100,000 mile engine warranty on that car. The car comes with a baked finish and it is ready for detailing the second it leaves the factory. I had mine delivered un-detailed and I got the same shxt from my dealer. Made sure to tell me not to mention it when BMW called to give me the dealer satisfaction survey. What color did you get. Here is a pic of mine..... Don`t forget to join and participate in http://www.m3forum.com/

Congrats!!!!:bounce

ksquared
07-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Thanks rleven

It`s actually an `03 E46 ... manufactured in 9/02 ... so as far as age, its 10 mos old or so. Why do you recommend the 100K ... I`ve heard rumors of the engine blow ... is that your concern. Coming out of a 996 911 and I am amazed at the M3`s acceleration and shifting. I think the 911 is a better handling car, but the M3 is a much nicer ride. Just finished 2AIO & 1SG ... 2 more SG and 3 carnuba layers coming. Will send pix when available ... are those 19s ... sweet ride man.

thegeek
07-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the car. Not to be rude or anything, but I`ve heard the 2 door non-convertible`s a much better car than the convertible, and that the convertible M3 is the worst M3 they`ve made? Just wondering how ya like yours (I`m jealous), and why ya didn`t go with the hard top?

rleven
07-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah, they are the 19`s. Check out the plate. And that is what I did. Put 2 AIO and 3 SG and then I have been putting a coat of Souveran or S100 on it weekly after it`s wash. I use Meg`s Gold Class Wash.

Bob

rleven
07-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Yes, it is the worst car in the world. I hate it and want to sell it for $500. Wanna buy it? Please send me your source information. I always love to read reviews by people who don;t own the car. THE CAR ROCKS! I spend half my year in FL why would I buy a coupe? I already have a Jag S-type R and hate it. POS For your information the M3 Cab is the same as the Coupe but a couple of hundred pounds more. So it`s about 1/10 of a sec slower in the 0-60. Go to www.m3forum.com and ask around to get the right info from owners of the car. Oh, yeah. Chicks dive into the car like fish in a boat. Get`s them all jazzed up. :o

rleven
07-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Did you get the SMG or 6sp? If you got the 6sp run don`t walk and get the UUC Short Shifter w/ bearing upgrade. About 200.00. It makes all the difference in the world. And yes I was concerned about the engine. But if it`s an `03 no problem. You get the 100k anyway. Just take it easy for the first 1200 miles. Keep it religiously under 5500 rpm and 102 mph. What color is it and where did you get it. I wonder why it was on the lot for so long while other dealers were sellling the car at a 2-5k premium.

Bob

ksquared
07-22-2003, 07:18 PM
To all the naysayers ... i traded out of a `02 911 Targa for this car. The sardine version is only slightly slower off the line than the coupe (extra 500#s). The car is Silver with Black interior. Why did the dealership hold it ... I`m in Florida ... no one wants black interiors. I love the look of the car. Just finished 2nd SG. Man the second coat is so much easier. The car has SMG and it is amazing. Once I learn the system... forget about it. Where abouts in FLA ? I`m in Boca. Nice plate man !!!!

rleven
07-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Hey Ksquared. I am in Hillsboro. Just a stones throw down the beach from you. Good luck with you ride. You will love it!!!

Bob

rleven
07-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey, do you know the drivers seat. Look at Jimwh`s post on it. Here is the link. It is over by University Commons. They carry all this Autopia stuff.

Bob

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25171

GoodnClean
07-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Yep, dealerships HATE to let a car leave the lot undetailed, because its one of the big questions on the CSI questionairre.

Beautiful car, congrats with it! Was it held in a garage (a lot of BMW dealers do) or outside? If outside, may want to condition the leather real well, since its been outside for 10 months in the FL heat.

rleven
07-22-2003, 08:49 PM
That is a good point about the leather. Get some Leatherique or Connelleys Hide Food. Both are excellent.

Bob

SergC
07-22-2003, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rleven

[B]Yes, it is the worst car in the world. I hate it and want to sell it for $500. Wanna buy it? Please send me your source information. I always love to read reviews by people who don;t own the car.

BWAHAHAHAHAAA ... rleven:xyxthumbs :D

Serg

GoodnClean
07-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, you just never know. Better safe than sorry. Most (at least around here) BMW and Benz dealers use a garage for their inventory (Lexus does not, and I did condition the leather when I got it) both to protect it, and to be size efficient, but I`d condition it anyways.