PDA

View Full Version : Anyone uses an APC to clean leather?

imported_jgv
07-21-2003, 03:13 PM
...how do you dilute it (percentage?). Any arm can result from this?...............on this? :eek:

http://217.129.28.253/bmw_525_2.jpg

Jngrbrdman
07-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I don`t know that I would use an APC on leather. Do you not have access to a leather cleaner in Portugal? Soap and water is probably safer than an APC. I wouldn`t think an APC would be gentle enough and would cause problems. no?

imported_jgv
07-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I don`t know that I would use an APC on leather. Do you not have access to a leather cleaner in Portugal? Soap and water is probably safer than an APC. I wouldn`t think an APC would be gentle enough and would cause problems. no?

:D :D :D

I have Lexol, Leatherique,.... but this one is really dirty. Lexol is not enough of a cleaner for it, and I don`t want to use Leatherique (a cheap job :( )

JasonC8301
07-21-2003, 04:16 PM
I bet they have Woolite in Portugal, could try that.

Tide liquid might work also.

APC+ for leather, I wouldn`t advise it.

imported_jgv
07-21-2003, 04:33 PM
The all propose cleaner I have is from Concept, a British brand, don`t know how it compares with Megs or other.

We don`t have Woolite here but I managed to get something that`s maybe similar to it.

Anyway, I`ve just came back from my garage and I tested it on a door (an APC mild solution). It cleaned both vinyl and leather surfaces well.

I then followed with that kind of Woolite solution and the cloth came out clean, so no dirt left. I followed with a damp cloth and a dry cloth. Let it dry, and all surfaces were clean and dry, no dull.

Then I condiitoned leather with Lexol and vinyl with 1Z.

Looks like new! I also polished/waxed coated fake wood w/ 1Z wax-polish. :xyxthumbs

Guess I`ll be doing the rest of the car this way!