PDA

View Full Version : steps to use

ADIDAS69
07-21-2003, 09:44 AM
ok I drive a 2003 hyundai tiburon (please keep the laughter to a minimum, I like the car :D )I wanna keep the showroom shine and get rid of the swirlmarks. I have been thinkin about getting a random orbital polisher, but have never used one. I usually wash, and dry my car at least once a week. I also wax anywhere from 2-4 times a year. I planned on getting the following products and doing a really good job.

Microfiber cloth

Meguiars Gold Class car wash

Clay Magic clay bar

3M Swirl mark remover (by random orbital polisher)

Klasse All-in-one x2

Klasse Sealant Glaze x2

S100 wax

are these products any good and is that the correct order to apply them in? Thanks.

imported_Larry A
07-21-2003, 09:55 AM
That is the correct order,allow 1 day between s.g. and s100. Their is nothing wrong with a Hyundai its a great car have you seen the XG350. I myself drive a Kia, there almost as good as a Hyundai.

russ968
07-21-2003, 10:29 AM
ADIDAS69,

You`ve done your homework. I have a couple of suggestions. A wash with Dawn will remove your old wax and the Meg`s Car wash can be used after this initial detailing. I`m a big 3M fan, however I like separating products that remove paint/clear coat from products that fill in imperfections. (if there are any left,

:D ) So, I`d consider 3M PI-IIIMG for removing swirls with a PC.

Good luck and don`t forget the pics.

Russ

shaf
07-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Welcome to Autopia ADIDAS69! :welcome

Congratulations for doing your homework. :) The only other thing I`d suggest is to make sure you wait 24 between Klasse SG coats, and to try to get the paint how you want it before using Klasse. If SMR won`t do it, DACP is a popular product that is stronger. Good luck.