PDA

View Full Version : The coolest "STUFF"

SVTHorsnake
07-21-2003, 02:09 AM
I`ve been using Tuff Stuff for years when I pull my boat out of storage to clean it and I`ve always been impressed. This passed week, I raced this civic with an Olive Garden Tiramisu in a box in the back seat (keep in mind, Cobra seats are suade) and some of it ran out of the box and onto the seat, drying, then crusting and becoming brown:angry :mad: . I decided to give my long-time leather cleaning companion a try. At first it did absolutely nothing. Then I sprayed some more on and forced it to soak in with my finger. I rubbed at it and POOF! Gone!:shocked . I woke this morning to find no stain but a little more stiffness. I soaked a little more in and scrubbed. By this afternoon, better than new:cool: . Keep in mind, it did the same with a few drops of Pepsi and didn`t damage the suade in the least... the best part is, you can pick this stuff up at a grociery store!:xyxthumbs:bow

SVTHorsnake
07-22-2003, 02:42 AM
to whomever voted to give it a shot - let me know what you think!:o

milani
07-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I have used Tuff Stuff in both the aerosol and spray bottles. It is ok. I would be afraid of discoloration with suede, but if you tried it and it worked, cool. I actually don`t use it any more, since I have been a part of the AUtopian community. Search and search, and you will find much better and safer ways to remove stains. Also, check out getting the E-Book. There is a whole section for removing stains and odors. Also, check this link... (which I think is a reprint of the e-book article anyway)

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/instod.html

chris0626
07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
SVTHorsnake, check your PMs. :D

SVTHorsnake
07-25-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by milani

Yeah, I have used Tuff Stuff in both the aerosol and spray bottles. It is ok. I would be afraid of discoloration with suede, but if you tried it and it worked, cool. I actually don`t use it any more, since I have been a part of the AUtopian community. Search and search, and you will find much better and safer ways to remove stains. Also, check out getting the E-Book. There is a whole section for removing stains and odors. Also, check this link... (which I think is a reprint of the e-book article anyway)

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/instod.html

I have tried other ways. I quickly learned that it can work and work well even if it didn`t come from a Porsche dealership and wasn`t lab-tested on a NASA space station and didn`t cost more than 6 quarts of Mobil 1. I`ve just been amazed with the versatility and simplicity. Spray on, wipe off. Hell, don`t even wipe it off!:nixweiss I`ve used it in my boat every year since 1993. The biggest thing from that is hardwater stains that my family and friends track into it from the clear waters of Lake Powell and also the dust and dead bugs and other things that come with it *insert imagination here*. It cleans it right off my white leather after ten months of storage! And then it gets it ready for the gentle 103 degree powell sun! I`ve seen it work magic in my Jeep with removing red rock sand and mud from the leather seats. It cleans a Moab sun-beat dash. And now it made my suede (thanks for the help with the spelling) good as new! I`m sure there are other potentially better ways of going about cleaning my seats and dash but why change something that ain`t (I`m clearly from Utah) wrong? It does what I need it to, it makes my car look like nothing ever happened and lets me go about my day. I know some important things now:

My suede is soft and not discolored, my boat`s leather is as white and flawless as the day I bought it, and my Jeep`s dash and seats are clean when I pull of the trail. To top it all off, the bottle that I recently used on my Cobra was 2 years old! Thanks for the tips, I haven`t closed my mind yet!:xyxthumbs

SVTHorsnake-------> :bow Tuff Stuff

SVTHorsnake
07-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Judging by the new votes, it seems that people aren`t in agreement with me... uh-oh! If you are a no voter let me know why so I can see any down sides... if you are a yes voter let`s hear why! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!:bounce