PDA

View Full Version : #$%^&*!! My QD+ Got Rain Marked !!

Pages : [1] 2

HondaMan
08-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Good Grief!! I came out today and saw a few rain blotches on my car, OK, no problem, it just rained a bit like a quick shower.

But my car -- which I had just used PB QD+ Spray Wax -- was COVERED by little "rain indents" that when I ran my hand over them, I could feel them.

Someone tell me this is a result of me using the QD+ ? I saw my car in heavy rain when the final coat was UPP and the rain seemed to bead and dry off without any big stains. These things were like little "dirt marks" (I thought they were caused by the tree I was under but they`re on the rear which was not covered).

Is this a function of using anything with Carnuba Wax? I think that if Carnubas or real Waxes are better for show, I`ll stick with synthetics/acrylics/resins which protect better and resist water better.

Thanks guys!

tomp
08-24-2004, 08:55 PM
It`s impossible for you to feel the layer of wax or coating since it`s only molecules thick. I`d bet it`s some sort of accumulation of road dust and rain drops. I`ve used QD and P21S for a few months and had mucho rain. It never left anything I could feel.

Tom P.

91LSMAN
08-24-2004, 09:00 PM
I`ll let you know tomorrow. I used S&W and QD+ on my Legend yesterday. I didn`t drive it today, but I am tomorrow and it`s suppossed to rain, so all my hard work will go to waste. Oh well, at least I`ll get to watch some beading action.:lmfao

gnev8
08-24-2004, 09:29 PM
And you`ll get to wax it again :D

91LSMAN
08-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by gnev8
And you`ll get to wax it again :D

Well, kinda. Wash, QD+ before the Legend meet on Sunday. Then when I get to Husky Stadium S&W. But your Legend may look better than mine because I need to do one of the SSRs again. :)

gnev8
08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
So do I.
I am going to start over with SSR2.5, SSR1 , EX-P, and Natty`s.
Right now it has SSR1, EX-P, and Souvran.
But there are still some swirls so I want to try 2.5.

dafowl1
08-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Man both of those legends look good and I love the way water on QD beads up.One day it was raining and some guy saw the water just running off the car. He stopped me and asked me what did I use to make the water act like that.

HondaMan
08-24-2004, 10:35 PM
This is ridiculous...could sap or something from the tree have combined with rain to create dirty rain spots on my car?

They`re definitely "feel-able" on the hood and all over.

91LSMAN
08-24-2004, 10:38 PM
gnev8-your Legend looks awesome!!

HondaMan-sorry for the bit of thread hijacking we commited. :)

gnev8
08-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
This is ridiculous...could sap or something from the tree have combined with rain to create dirty rain spots on my car?

They`re definitely "feel-able" on the hood and all over.

Sure it`s possible. Sometimes when it rains crap in the air gets left in the water droplets.
Do you have PB Spray and Wipe?
That`s what I would use first.

groebuck
08-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Where they indents or did they appear more of a milky white color on top of the finish?

groebuck
08-25-2004, 08:12 AM
that should be were they :)

kimwallace
08-25-2004, 08:29 AM
In Northwest Pennsylvania, the rain seems to always contain some sort of polution. Most of the time it dries as dust. If you were under a tree, there could have been dust on the leaves which got washed off when it rained and then was deposited on your car. Some products do seem to spot a little more than others. The dust spots are probably on top of the QD+ but I wouldn`t spend a lot of time rubbing them to find out with your hand cause then you will have scratches to deal with. Try a little S&W and see if they go away.
Just my .02

HondaMan
08-25-2004, 08:51 AM
91LS, no problem. Feel free to hijack!

The spots are like little dirty residue remainders....you can definitely "feel" them on the surface. I am thinking that it might have been the tree....I haven`t let the car in that spot when it rained previousley...did park under another one (I think) but maybe it didn`t cover my car or have residue.

I do have S&W but am thinking about washing the car and then doing a coat of UPP or QD+.

Poorboy
08-25-2004, 09:24 AM
I think it was probably from the tree, as i get some nasty stuff coming out of mine.

Sorry to say that you probably would need to strip and start from scratch if you want to add another coat of UPP...better check with Dwayne, but I don`t believe it will work well above Canauba:dunno