PDA

View Full Version : Best paint care for 2003 Black F150 w/ Zaino

Zylo
07-20-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi!

Well, I figure I have a lot to learn, so i`d love it if someone pointed me in the right direction..

I own a new 2003 Black F150, and would like it to look as best as I can get it.

What type of paint care should I do, before applying Zaino? The finish is brand new, and has very, very small amounts of swirl marks, but has Ford (ugh!) Factory Orange-Peel paint :(

So, my question is, what type of cleaner, polish, glaze, sealant should I use before applying Zaino Z2? And in which order. I will be purchasing a PC dual-action polisher to apply the cleaners, glazes, etc.

I use Zaino Gloss Enhancer to QD the car, but am open to suggestions on better quick-detailing products :) I hear great things about Meg`s FI, but never tried it :(

Thanks!

:bounce

chris0626
07-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Not meaning to be flip, Zylo. But click on the "Learn" icon at the top of the page. Read the articles there. Also, click thru the Detailing Product Reviews that deal with the issues and products you`re interested in.

In a nutshell, just wash and dry according to Autopian standards, then clay (Mothers and ClayMagic are very popular here, and locally available), then polish. (You can do searches on specific polishes by going to the search engine and type in searches to get info on different brands, like "3M* + polish," "Meg* + polish," etc.) Do not use a glaze under Zaino. Glazes are designed to fill scratches/swirls, and -- as I understand it -- Zaino won`t bond properly over them.

IMHO, if you`re using Zaino, stick with Z6 as your QD. It reportedly "refreshes" the Z2/Z5.