PDA

View Full Version : Starting over... how do I remove AIO?

imported_zenhog
07-19-2003, 12:36 AM
I`m not happy with the job I did on my dark navy blue finish so I`m starting over this weekend. Last weekend my detail plan was:

Dawn wash

PiIII RC

Klasse AIO

Ps21 Carnuaba

I know I have to do a Dawn wash to get the wax off, but what do I have to do to get the AIO off?

Along with the minute swirls I am not happy at all with the depth or shinyness of the finish. Let me know if this is a better plan:

Dawn wash

PiIII RC

PiIII MG or Manzerna Intensive Polish

?Manzerna Final Polish?

AIO (how many layers?)

SG - 3 or 4 applications

ps21 Carnuaba wax

Any opinions on this plan? Any preferences between PiIII MG or Manzerna IP ? Do I need the Final Polish step? Will SG add depth to a dark car?

And if I want depth - what am I missing?

Thanks for the help guys

jaim
07-19-2003, 09:39 AM
How old is your paint surface? Is it still OEM? Does it still have Clear Coat?

I have a brand new SUV (Feb 2003) and this is what I have done on my SUV;

1. Wash (Car Shampoo)

2. Clay

3. Menzerna Intensive Polish

4. Menzerna Final Polish

5. 2 Applications of Klasse AIO

6. 2 Application of Klasse SG

I got a very good output from the above.

Accumulator
07-19-2003, 12:21 PM
zenhog- I haven`t used Menzerna so :nixweiss about that. Using a finer polish after your RC should give you a MUCH better finish. The SG will probably add more protection than killer looks, at least depth-wise, but do it anyhow (opinions on its look vary). The P21S (IN MY EXPERIENCE) doesn`t quite give you the depth that some other waxes/sealants do, but better surface prep will help a LOT.

Don`t worry about taking off the AIO. I just noticed a swirl/scratch on the WRX, which has four recent coats of SG and a base of AIO on it. A dab of PI-III MG cut right through all the SG/AIO and polished out the scratch, no problem at all.