PDA

View Full Version : Best way to apply sg

ernman
07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
I purchased the twins and did it the first time by hand. I am ready to apply the second coat of sg. I know that I can apply AIO with a orb. buffer, but has anyone used one with SG? Or is it easier to do by hand. It`s not a PC, just a normal one from pep boys.

Jngrbrdman
07-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Definitely do it by hand if your only other option is a PepBoys buffer. SG needs to go on thin and its easiest to "wipe" it on. You don`t need to rub or use any pressure. Just wipe it on thinly in straight lines and you`ll be fine. SG takes some getting used to and if you apply it too thick then you will not like it as much when it comes time to buff it off.

jaim
07-19-2003, 09:52 AM
I now have 8 coats of Klasse SG and I am using an MF Applicator Pad to apply the product.

Accumulator
07-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I REALLY try to do as much as I can by machine, but generally it`s a lot easier for me to get thin, uniform SG coverage by hand. I`ve done it by PC quite a few times, and there`s always some place where I have to use a little QD to get it off (not a big deal, really). I`m gradually giving up on the PC application, even did the MPV by hand last time. If you have shoulder problems, that`s different. I don`t think the Pep Boys buffer would work out very well.