PDA

View Full Version : Sonax at Canadian Tire

Pages : [1] 2

biff
07-18-2003, 09:30 AM
:bounce

I just got my order of Jacques Villeneuve (Sonax) 2 in 1 shampoo in the mail and the receipt says that the Jacques Villeneuve products will be carried by Canadian Tire "this spring".

Since they aren`t there now, can I assume that this is Spring 2004?

Regardless, it will be nice to be able to get Sonax locally!

Now if Walmart would start carrying PS21 and ClearKote, and Zaino ... :cool:

Nikon
07-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Have you used it yet? The Jaque Villeneuve stuff is the premium line from what I understand. I`m interested to know how you think this stuff works?

Was the online ordering from them easy and was the shipping quick? I`m in Alberta so I`d like to know what their shipping speed is like.

biff
07-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Nikon

Have you used it yet? The Jaque Villeneuve stuff is the premium line from what I understand. I`m interested to know how you think this stuff works?

Was the online ordering from them easy and was the shipping quick? I`m in Alberta so I`d like to know what their shipping speed is like.

Ordering was smooth, it took 5 business days to get here (just in time to miss the Postal Strike). (I`m in NB by the way)

I used it this morning; its very nice and slippery and produces lots of suds with littly teeny weeny uniform bubbles (never seen anything quite like that).

I mixed it at 12.5ml to 5 litres as reccomended.

As far as how it "looks", I personally don`t see any difference in the results in any car wash, car is clean, I`m happy.

It`ll be interesting to see how it performs full strength as a bug remover.

No shipping charges and no tax, better order some quick!:xyxthumbs

jim antis
07-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Biff, what`s the web site for on line ordering from CT.

I`m in Torornto. thanks

biff
07-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Jim, you have a private message (I don`t think they`ll let me post the URL here??):nono

Anyway it was shipped from Toronto, so you should get it in no time!

2wheelsx2
07-18-2003, 12:18 PM
They`ll let you post the URL. I think someone posted it to the Good Deals forum already.

biff
07-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

They`ll let you post the URL. I think someone posted it to the Good Deals forum already.

Cool. I wasn`t sure, since I got in sh*t for having my URL in my signature line (and I don`t even sell any products) :rolleyes:

Here it is (CT doesn`t have it on their website, this is the Canadian distributor)

http://www.newtownsales.com/navigation/store/home.htm

jim antis
07-18-2003, 01:09 PM
thanks!

shaf
07-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh wow, that`s neat that CT will be carrying this stuff! :cool:

I totally forgot abou that site - free shipping right now! Woohoo! :D Still debating though.....

Gary - :cool: Very cool new avatar, if a bit mis-matching to your custom status... :D

Biff - I assume this Hillvalley place is your commercial detailing site? If so, that is why it was needed to be removed. Personal sites and other stuff are okay. Just no businesses. You`ll notice none of the other pro-detailers like Scott and Anthony are allowed to do this either.

Robert O
07-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Biff

:bounce

I just got my order of Jacques Villeneuve (Sonax) 2 in 1 shampoo in the mail and the receipt says that the Jacques Villeneuve products will be carried by Canadian Tire "this spring".

Since they aren`t there now, can I assume that this is Spring 2004?

My local Canadian Tire had a big end display of it a couple of weeks ago...

Corey Bit Spank
07-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Ohh, I`m going to have to break my streak of not driving in canada since my january accident now. When you see me driving can you people slow down and use turn signals and tell me what the flashing green light means and the flashing red?

2wheelsx2
07-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Gary - :cool: Very cool new avatar, if a bit mis-matching to your custom status... :D

Fixed. :D

shaf
07-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

Fixed. :D :lol :up

Robert O
07-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Is this Jaques Villeneuve stuff really that good? I gave a passing glance as I walked by, giggling to myself at some company using a has-been as a marketing tool to sell an inferior product. Perhaps I`m mistaken?

shaf
07-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Well the products may carry Jacques` name on them :p, but they are Sonax products (it even says so on the containers), which some people seem to like. David sells some Sonax stuff too and it seems to be a higher-end product line.