PDA

View Full Version : Old Zaino Vs. New Zaino

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ahunt01
07-18-2003, 08:31 AM
I`m just wondering all the Zaino users take on the old Zaino vs. the new Zaino. If you all wouldn`t mind, also list why or why not if the products are better or worse.

~thanks

:bounce :bounce :bounce

show car
07-18-2003, 03:57 PM
New Z-2,

Even easier to apply, looks better.

New Z-5,

Works better "concealing" swirls and looks better at the same time.

Both new 2 and 5 easier to clean the bottles when finished applying.

Also, it is easier to use all of the product..., easier to get out of the applicator bottles.

Another thing is both new "Z`s" are not as "fussy" when applying. If you apply the new "Z" too thick..., like "newbies" sometimes did with the now "old" "Z" and foundd it hard to remove..., no problem with the new "Z", easy on, easy off!

It`s the "best of the best"!!!

TortoiseAWD
07-18-2003, 04:50 PM
This past weekend, I applied a couple of coats of ZFXed new Z2 to a silver Subaru Legacy, and got some smearing (something I`ve never experienced before when using ZFX). Now, I had to work in direct sunlight, which may have contributed to the effect. Regardless, Z6 did a decent job in removing any smearing, and left that familiar Zaino "pop" on silver.

I`m curious, has anyone else using new Z2 experienced anything similar? I`ll have a chance to do the same treatment to a new `03 Forester tomorrow, but this time in the shade, so that will remove one variable from the equation.

Tort

imported_memnuts
07-18-2003, 05:07 PM
The new Zaino Z2 and Z5. One word - FANTASTIC

I have used with and without ZFX - no smearing but also done on cool finish indoors with AC.

Extreme prep this time prior to Z application produced great results. I established the smoothness ( swirl removal), depth, wetness and gloss prior to applying the Zaino.

Public apology to Zaino for stating that depth and Zaino were unachievable on black vehicles. :bow

Create the appearance that you want and than protect with Zaino. :xyxthumbs

imported_FUEL
07-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by show car

New Z-2,

Even easier to apply, looks better.

New Z-5,

Works better "concealing" swirls and looks better at the same time.

Both new 2 and 5 easier to clean the bottles when finished applying.

Also, it is easier to use all of the product..., easier to get out of the applicator bottles.

Another thing is both new "Z`s" are not as "fussy" when applying. If you apply the new "Z" too thick..., like "newbies" sometimes did with the now "old" "Z" and foundd it hard to remove..., no problem with the new "Z", easy on, easy off!

It`s the "best of the best"!!!

This pretty much sums up all I had to say aboot it as well!

Deanski
07-18-2003, 07:02 PM
Yes! The new products seem to be much improved!

My Lexus SC430 in Absolutly Red is just stunning!

Didn`t have issues with streak with Z2, but Z5 less ZFX did streak, but that was my fault for not waiting long enough (used ZFX time) so let it sit and no problems later.

Z2 multi-coats work well, and the shine continues! More wet, fluid looking! As I was told, think of Zaino costing $1000 a bottle, and you`ll learn to put it on thin as hell!

Did notice a bit more hiding on swirls which I still need to get off the damn car! Funny, local detailer thinks it was "normal" and part of the sheetmetal. I ran like hell! Obviously, he`s never seen all your cars on this site!

Sal just keeps working on the product by viewing this site and feedback. The best thing you can do is email him with your thoughts and comments on any improvements. Just go to the website and send him an email.

If we all contribute, only more good things can come from Zaino!

Again, some people like Zaino, others just don`t which is fine for me. Just don`t send flame mail as no one wants it or appreciates it. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

Now, if I can only find the time to remove those swirls so I can really appreciate my Zaino.

Have fun and enjoy the new product!

Regards,

Deanski

DCT
07-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Extreme prep this time prior to Z application produced great results. I established the smoothness ( swirl removal), depth, wetness and gloss prior to applying the Zaino.

blkZ28Conv,

If you don`t mind me asking, what were your "extreme prep" steps prior to the new Z? How did you achieve the wetness and gloss prior to the Z?

Thanks in advance!

ahunt01
07-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Does Sal ship faster now that he takes orders online with a credit card? I know by ordering by check it only took a week too get the stuff! Fastest I`ve ever gotten something ordered by check...

imported_memnuts
07-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi White_F150,

Extensive prep involved using all the techniques I have learn here over the last 2 years. I have constantly improved my finish my eliminating, once acceptable surface marring periodically, to the point where a claying session and a light SMR`ing ( product of choice - varies with user - I used 3M PI-III MG and P21S GEPC by PC ) produced a deep rich glossy finish. This pre-Zaino prep focused on really working each panel until I was completely satisfied with its appearance with emphasis placed on achieving the look I desired prior to Zaino application and not looking for an easy fix from the protectant to produce the final look. I finished with a Dawn wash , Z7 wash and a Z6 wipe down and appearance check. Then and only then did I apply the Zaino.

Nothing novel here but something I failed to do when I initially tried Zaino 2 years ago when expected Zaino to cure all my paints flaws with its protective and gloss enhancing abilities. The product delivered its part ( gloss, protection, reflectivity,etc) but I fail in mine part ( prep). of course I blamed the product not myself.:o

Deanski
07-19-2003, 06:36 AM
BlkZ28conv:

You did the right thing! You took your time, did everything that is needed prior to Zaino!

Too many people will jump on the Zaino stuff, apply it w/o proper prep work, then blame the Zaino.

It does take time and a lot of patience to do it right.

You also did a step which people forget after polishing, you washed the car down with Dawn to strip oils/silicone off the finish, then Z7 wash to remove any possible films left by Dawn and any leftover oils/silicone. The Z6 prior to and after each Zaino application does make a difference! It really sets up the paint for Zaino, makes it easy to apply and WOW the results!

I`m glad to see someone else follows the advise from Sal and others that use the product and have great results!

Others should follow your prep work. Without prep, Zaino does not produce a great shine, maybe really good, but not what it is capable of.

Now I have to work on the SC430. Too many swirls. Once I get time with my PC and 3M PIII MG, Menzerna FP, etc etc, then I`m back to using the newer stuff on it. Just got one of the DFTowels to try. Just like Autopia`s CBT.

The way I go through Z6, I sould ask Sal to ship a 55 Gal drum to me:D

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Deanski

DCT
07-19-2003, 06:53 AM
blkZ28Conv,

I agree the prep is the key with Z, and any system for that matter. My previous experience with Z followed steps similar to your current process. I used DACP, followed by Medallion PPC, wash, then the Z.

Since then, I`ve moved on to other products, but might re-visit the new Zaino with a combination of Poorboy`s polishes as the prep.

Thanks again!

imported_memnuts
07-19-2003, 03:58 PM
I am saving my Poorboy`s prep products for my next polishing session. Did not want to change too many variables when re-trying the "new" versions of Zaino. :xyxthumbs

Still using EX, Souveran and P21S on my black Lexus LS400. I gotta have that carnuaba ( with a little amino-functional resin on the side) fix every so often.

A 30+ year carnauba habit is hard to break. ;)

JasonC8301
07-19-2003, 04:52 PM
I have had some slight issues with product residue removal. Its probably just me but the new Zaino would buff off but not completely. There would be a 10-15% smear on each panel. I just go ahead and Z6 the surface when the residue is dry.

I just got my Zaino yesterday and actually read the directions, LOL! There is a little part about smearing and using a damp cloth wipe down and washing the car with Z7. Then it says not to Z6 the car until it has been buffed/wiped down (directions are in NJ, I`m home in NY.)

I will call Sal monday morning and ask how should I combat this smearing. This smearing is more common with the Z-5, less so with Z-2. Z6 seems to solve this, but then again directions hint not to use Z6. Only when the residue is buffed off.

I have a Toyota Celica that is really bad shape (pink on horizontal panels) and a slight hint of red on the vertical panels. I will use my Makita to prepare the surface, maybe some Z18 clay, then Zaino Z5 with ZFX X3.

Jason

iceman
07-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

I have had some slight issues with product residue removal. Its probably just me but the new Zaino would buff off but not completely. There would be a 10-15% smear on each panel. I just go ahead and Z6 the surface when the residue is dry.

I`m still using old Zaino and yesterday, I was using Z5/ZFX. Left it on for about 30 minute to eat dinner before buffing off. Man, the residue was really tough to get off. Had to use Z6 to get most of the residue off but could still feel some left. Don`t remember having this problem so much in January. Maybe the hotter weather made it tougher to get buff off since it would dry faster?:nixweiss

JasonC8301
07-19-2003, 06:33 PM
How much Zaino did you use iceman?

I used 1/2 an ounce or so for a Tahoe and 1/4 of an ounce on a Corolla. It was not difficult to remove most of it, but some spots would be smeary.

I never had a problem with removal of the old Z2/Z5.