PDA

View Full Version : No!!!!!!!!!

Beason
07-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Well I think my mom just ruined $60 worth of MF towels. I have always told her to let me wash all the white towels and other car stuff because they arent exactly like regular wash. Well tonight my mom threw in about 10 of my microfiber towels in the washer with the following items, 3 wax applicators, 2 polish bonnets, one towel i use to wash my engine with, the towel i use to wipe down my tires with after i dry the car and another i use to wipe off excess dressing, and one towels i used to clean my wheel weels with. When i walked into the laundry room to start cleaning my towels i find, yellowish, brownish, with black stripes microfiber clothes they were bright white about 2 hours before. I asked her nicely if she washed them and she said yeah, she used spot remover on some and then fabric softner and all, then dried them in the dryer.:mad: I have tried to wash them 3 times but nothing is working, i guess these will be my new engine microfiber clothes.:( Now i must order a new pack of MF. Any suggestions?

titus
07-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Buy Mom some flowers while you`re out getting yourself some new towels.:xyxthumbs

Beason
07-18-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by titus

Buy Mom some flowers while you`re out getting yourself some new towels.:xyxthumbs :(

if they have a place that sells MF towels and flowers at one place online, maybe.

jaim
07-18-2003, 02:45 AM
:(

My Condolence to your $60.00 MF Towels.

SickOfItAll
07-18-2003, 02:52 AM
Ugh, that hurts :( At least her heart was in the right place.

shaf
07-18-2003, 03:10 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that. :( What is your washing method?

I`m fairly confident you could wash them in really hot water or even boil them. Try bleach too if that doesn`t work 3M cloths are bleach safe and rated up to 95 C, so I don`t think you have much to lose. Maybe presoak in some degreaser (rinse out though).

imported_BretFraz
07-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Try soaking them overnight in light soapy water. That might get the fibers to release whatever they`re holding. Then hand wash and rinse the towels and let them air dry. Worth a try before ya kick down another $60.

everner
07-18-2003, 09:16 AM
B, I don`t know if what I do is an "approved method", but it works for me. I place damp MF`s(cheap WM ones) sprayed with Simple Green, in a bucket to let them soak for about an hour. Then, I just hand wash them, and rinse them till they are free of suds. I let them air dry. They work fine after this, no lint, dry well, clean glass, whatever...

jaim
07-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Beason,

I just remembered something that I have tried and worked for a very soiled MF Towel.

If you have Mequiars APC+ or Eimann Fabrik Engine Degreaser or any product that is about PH 12 and up.. try soaking your MF on a very strong dillution of such product.

Based on my own experience, when my MF Towels get soiled I try spraying them FULL STRENGTH of Meguiars APC+ and the dirt just easily get loosen off. I just do not know how it will work if the dirt has stayed over the MF for a longer period of time than a freshly soiled MF.

Anyway, there is no loose in trying.