PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try RejeX? Supposed to be good for brake dust

imported_Auto Concierge
07-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Good at preventing its buildup, that is. I don`t know how it would work on the paint finish (supposed to be ok), but this is what Car & Driver said about it in their long term test of an A4:

Contaminant-Resistant Polymer Coating: Bug guts, road grime, and brake dust require a surfeit of elbow grease and cleaning agents to remove. We were encouraged to try something called RejeX, a new wipe-on, rub-off polymer coating that`s supposed to make the dirty work a little easier. RejeX was originally developed for the miliary to make it easier to wash turbine exhaust stains from helicopters. So we slathered it onto the left side of the freshly washed A4. The right side was left untreated. After a month of building up road crud, the side of the A4 treated with RejeX came clean with one swipe of the sponge, but the other side needed a lot more scrubbing. Brake dust washed off the RejeX-side wheels with plain water. Six ounces of RejeX will completely coat a car, and one application is supposed to last a minimum of four months. A 16-ounce bottle costs $19.95 and is available from Corrosion Technologies Corporation, www.corrosionx.com.

I was surprised to only find 1 thread in the archives. Any thoughts? I`ve had horrible brake dust problems in the past.

KCPreki11
07-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Sounds just like SG.

imported_Auto Concierge
07-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by KCPreki11

Sounds just like SG.

Sorta, except that my brake dust doesn`t come off with just a hose!

imported_Aurora40
07-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Keep in mind C&D is probably a lot less autopian than you. They strike me as being pretty lazy about the appearance of their long-termers. Just an opinion... Also, 6 ounces to do a car? I wonder if they just went a bit overboard...

JAGOWNER1981
10-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Plain water at high pressure removes brake dust from my wheels (only tried it once).