PDA

View Full Version : DF Towels

Pages : [1] 2

Deanski
07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
OK, just got one of the DF Towels to test. It`s a "natural" MF more like a high-end terry. In fact, this has the same resemblance to Autopia`s CBT towel.

Here`s the website: DF Towels (http://www.dftowel.com)

Not bad towel, a bit pricey, but still very nice. I`ll see how well it holds up.

Regards,

Deanski

Mr. Clean
07-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Deanski,

I think you will be happy with both its performance and durability. After those two, the price is a little easier to swallow. Try using it in place of a CCD. I reserve one just for that purpose.

imported_memnuts
07-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Check out my review from 6 -7 months ago ( rather lengthy). They are fantastic towels and worth every penny. DF Towel`s MF`s actually get better with age ( performance and softness). I use them as my wash mit, duster and QD and protectant final buff. :xyxthumbs

Follow Leo`s directions and wash prior to using. :wavey

You will love these MF`s :D

imported_memnuts
07-17-2003, 05:31 PM
I will make it easy. Here is the review and discussion with great insight posted by Mr DFTowel himself. :xyxthumbs

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16657

Deanski
07-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Oh crap, I tried searching as DFTowels and didn`t hit on it.

Sorry for the redundant post guys!

Regards,

Deanski

imported_memnuts
07-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Deanski

Oh crap, I tried searching as DFTowels and didn`t hit on it.

Sorry for the redundant post guys!

Regards,

Deanski

Deanski,

This is not a redundant post. DF Towels do not get the attention that this quality product line deserves. Also it is always nice to re-visit topics and see if anything has changed ( quality, customer service, etc).

Leo will not push his own products and some of us take for granted that knowledge of all elite products is universal. I personally enjoyed reading that someone else has discovered the DF MF Towel.

Enjoy!!! :wavey

FoundMyPath
07-18-2003, 08:14 AM
Personally, they are a little thin to me but they are SOFT to the touch! They definitely work well in dusting off my car. I actually prefer these to PakShak`s MF towels but, again, cost-wise, it`s a little prohibitive, especially when the PakShaks are the workhorses of my MF collection!

Deanski
07-18-2003, 08:23 AM
I would think so, as they are very similar to the Autopia CBT.

Well, looks like I`ll have to break down and get several more for the Lexus. Never can have too many towels!

I scratched my Armorglove (soft plastic) with a MF wiping it down the other day. Now looking for my plastic cleaner/polish as Meg Plastix didn`t do squat! My error trying to get some polish out of the seam and I slipped. Back to tooyhpick and brush!

Regards,

Deanski

Accumulator
07-18-2003, 10:54 AM
So far the softest (plush) MF`s I`ve tried are the (original) CMA Miracle Towel and my YoSteve`s. Anyone want to venture a comparison between the DF Towels and those?

imported_Intermezzo
07-18-2003, 12:09 PM
IMO, the DF towels do not wick water and remove product as well as the polyester/polyamide MF towels. However, there are other benefits associated with them such as the way they get softer the more you wash them and their high quality bindings on the edges (forgot what they were called). I would stock up on these towels except like FoundMyPath said, they`re a bit expensive.

Accumulator, the CMA MT`s are extremely soft, but the DF towels are on a whole new level of softness. :)

medic159
07-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Gheez Louise... you guys are making me blush! :)

Mr. Clean
07-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Accumulator,

I have both towels (my CMA Miracle towel is @ 18-24 months old. I don`t know if that qualifies as the orginal or not).. Both are very good products. Sitting here with one in each hand, my first impression is....hey! it`s hard to type with a MF towel in each hand :D

OK, ok.

Physical properties

1) Size - 29"x16" (DFTowel) vs @ 16"x16" (Miracle)

2) Softness - The softness of the DFTowel extends corner to corner and edge to edge. The serging or edging of the DFTowel is seriously softer than any other toweling product I have.

3) Loops - The loops of the DFT are "tall" and loose and are of e same "weave" on both sides vs. Miracle`s flatter more densely woven loops with a different "weave from side A to side B.

4) The material contents are, of course, different natural fiber (DFT) vs poly blend (CMA).

Usage

Again, both towels are fine products and I reserve those two (along with MFTech`s Elite product) for S&W/QD`ing and final buffing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, because of the "tall and loose weave" of the DFTowel, I believe it makes a great alternative to the CCD.

Accumulator
07-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks kfor the comparos. OK, I`m getting nudged towards the DF Towels (as if I need any more towels of ANY kind :o ). Anyone had a problem with them getting stiff after washing? My cotton towels ALWAYS get stiff after a while unless I use the dreaded fabric softener (:nixweiss but I have pretty crappy water).

DFTowel- In case you`re reading this- just to see what happens, I`m running my last batch of cotton towels through six (6) additional wash/rinse cycles without detergent after the initial, regular cycle. No softener. Gonna dry them most of the way on "ultra low heat" and finish with an air-dry. We`ll see how they turn out. I predict "very stiff" but we`ll see!

Sheesh, all these threads about towels have me a lot more interested in towels than I oughta be, especially since I`m quite happy with what (dozens and dozens) I already have :D Well, I WAS quite happy, LOL, now I might seek improvements that`ll probably be transparent to this user!

imported_memnuts
07-18-2003, 05:42 PM
DF Towels actually become softer as they age ( wash). Liquid detergent warm wash cold rinse on delicate cycle . Low temp dryer cycle. Like brand new!!! :bounce

medic159
07-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

DFTowel- In case you`re reading this- just to see what happens,

It may be that you have hard water. Our water here is very soft (suds like crazy) and I`ve never had cotton stiffen up. In any case, you can wash cotton in hot water without any problem and you can dry it in a hot dryer. Actually the only reason to use cold water is because dyes might run or some clothes might shrink, this means nothing to the towels. Hot dryer won`t harm cotton but beware of polyester as it could melt (unlikely but it can happen.)