PDA

View Full Version : Paint Protection vs Polymers

Mizzuri
07-17-2003, 04:10 AM
I would like to know if their is a difference between paint protection products and polymer sealants?

I was looking at offering paint protection packages using AIO, or maybe Ziano (too much time to apply) or a local Australian product called Duratec.

Have any Pro`s had any experience with Paint protection packages, if so what products were you using..

Any opinions are appreciated...

Thankyou

SVR
07-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Hi Mizzuri, nice to see a fellow aussie here. For the past year i have been using Omikron Bodyguard paint protection on my car and father`s work cars. There isn`t a distributor in victoria for Omikron which is a little known but brilliant brand of professional products. If you want i can send you (mail permitting) a sample of the new improved bodyguard. You will need to apply 3M prepsol or protec wax and grease remover after washing the car. Then by hand in a side to side motion, apply the product. Leave on one panel and do the opposite side panel. 10 minutes later, take it off with cheese cloth. It brings out the lustre and gives a rock hard coating to the paint. If you like, apply a coat of wax on top of it. Leave for 9 months before applying another coat. Wash the car in future with water or any wax safe shampoo and don`t use 3M quick detailer as the alcohol in it strips the paint.

Cheers