PDA

View Full Version : I dont get the DACP to Powder

1badtaco
07-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey guys on monday I finally got to use my PC and DACP. I was working the DACP into my paint for al ong time with a meg`s polishing pad and never got any powder residue it would just haze....

edit: i just read it will powder when "worked in" But I guess i didnt wait long enough..how long will it take? I was working it in for a good few minutes but no powder maybe just a lilttle bit flying off the pad. I was basically making a small smiley face with the dacp on my pad than working it in to half of my hood. Was it possible i using to much product? please help? should I get a diffeent pad? I dunno what else to do...im frustrated

I hope my megs polishing pad and dacp will do the trick. I`m going to wash my hood and try again. i also have some small like indentations in my paint that looked like water spots but they look like the paint has been kind pushed, if any one has any ideas pls help.

alsey
07-16-2003, 01:43 PM
Hmm, make sure the pad you use is dry, and then let it run for a while..try 5-10 minutes at a higher speed 5 or 6. It may not turn to powder but it will be pretty easy to wipe off. Are you having a tough time wiping it off or is it just not going to powder?

Don`t worry about working it in for too long, since the longer you work it in, the less abrasive it gets.

1badtaco
07-16-2003, 02:30 PM
alsey:

it was easy to wipe off..but i think it may have been a little wet...probably worked it for 2-3 minutes

Black Regal:

I did try a couple passes but still with a relatively large area....now that i think about it, it wasnt half but a third of my hood...but maybe i should try the smaller amount of product with a smaller area....

shaf
07-16-2003, 04:58 PM
I don`t know if I`m using it "wrong" but I get results from DACP without getting this powder stuff flying off either. :nixweiss

I work a section about 2x2, maybe a bit smaller, and apply enough product so that you have enough to spread out over the area as you work, but don`t have much excess. I work the area for roughly 4-5 minutes (depending) and stop when the DACP starts to become noticably thinner and there`s not as much to work anymore. It`s not completely dry, but it`s drier. Some people work it completely dry and crank the PC all the way up to 6, but I stay at just under 5 and stop just short of drying it out and vanishing completely. I found 6 to cause bits of foam to fly off my pads. :eek:

Anyway, as far as I can recall the way I`m doing it above is "approved". ;)

PS: What`s the problem? Are you unhappy with your results somehow? Are you creating a haze in the paint? I also use the Megs (yellow) polishing pad and don`t get hazing from this combo.

1badtaco
07-16-2003, 05:31 PM
ohh yeah sorry i never did state my problem......i still have some minor scratches and maybe added some(probably due to a lack of working it in more)

BlkEscapeMike
07-16-2003, 07:29 PM
I get the DACP to powder, and its annoying. The powder sticks to the trim if you let it sit to long.

Derektri
07-16-2003, 09:17 PM
I got the DACP to powder also, but it powdered after 45 seconds or so. I was under the assumption I needed to work it in for 3-4 minutes. I also had a fun time removing all those little white specs from my trim. Any idea why it would powder so soon?

KCPreki11
07-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Too little product, too big a space, too much pressure, high speed.