PDA

View Full Version : baked on gum, black interior!!

redlineNSX
07-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Some gum found its way into my boyfriend`s car. The gum hid itself in the back seat so it had awhile to sit and, with the hot summer weather, bake into his black carpet. What is the best way to remove this?? Thanks!

chris0626
07-14-2003, 12:58 PM
You might want to look at this other gum-on-carpet thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18750) for some ideas.

redlineNSX
07-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Thanks!

Jngrbrdman
07-14-2003, 05:17 PM
I know there are some industrial products that sort of freeze the gum and it breaks right out. You may just have to cut it out if nothing else works. Just make sure you don`t try cutting it out when its warm. Its best to try something like that first thing in the morning before it gets too hot out.

cackleberry
07-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hijack... but any suggestions for black leather? My search didn`t really turn up anything except to try ice and freeze it, but it has gotten smeared around.

TIA!

imported_phareous
07-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I used to work at an amusement park and we used this stuff that froze it and you could chip it off...very similar to what you get when you take one of those computer air cans and turn it upside down. Of course when you chipped it off you had to make sure you picked it all up...as once it warmed up it was as sticky as ever.