PDA

View Full Version : some ppl are just plain idiots

hondaguy2582
07-13-2003, 11:33 PM
I was at my gfs grad party this past saturday, and i had a conversation with this couple about polishing cars. They had a 72 cudda that had like 20 layers of clear on it, must of been pretty nice. Anywho, i tell them that i usually polish by my pc or rotary, and there like "never by machine, youll screw the paint up if you get one spec of dirt on the paint polishing by machine, hand is the best way to do everything." I thought to myself, if we got a spec of dirt on the paint by hand, we still would screw it up. I can see polishing by hand if the vehicle has an above average paint condition or if your a workhorse like scottwax, but for the most part, if we have neglected paint finishes, doing it by hand takes too much time especially if its a daily driven car. Any takers on this? oh btw, they also say blue coral is the best wax and said meguiars was ok.

Scottwax
07-14-2003, 12:34 AM
Blue Coral? :lol

Great 70`s car, but their detailing knowledge is from the same timeframe.

Fr0zen
07-14-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Blue Coral? :lol

Great 70`s car, but their detailing knowledge is from the same timeframe.

:LOLOL

Myles
07-14-2003, 05:33 AM
in the Matrix Cypher says "Ignornance is bliss"

If only i was ignorant then i wouldnt care about other ppl doing crap to their car.

chip douglas
07-14-2003, 11:30 PM
hummm if ignorance is bliss alright :lol, as i know a hell of a lot of people in that perfect state of hapiness :lol

a lot of people look at me in desperation, seeing how much time and care i give my car........most think im crazy, but funny thing is after im done with it, they re all in awe before it, and ask me : `` how did you do that?`` i then go : `` simple folks, i got the know-how,which implies ive a considerable amount of time browsing car forums etc... and finally got the products, and the taken action.

the payoff is great, yet hard work, but it goes for everything one wants -----> patience, hard work, and commitment............no pains no gains i guess, but it always amaze me to see the way most people look at us overachievers. we re called crazy and stuff, but they just dont get the notion of : from efforts come results......:xyxthumbs

my .02