PDA

View Full Version : Can`t decide on color

Pages : [1] 2

imported_phareous
07-13-2003, 09:54 PM
I am thinking about buying a 2003 Honda Accord...

I have ruled out white (too much dirt), black (got one...shows everything), blue (brother has one), green (forced to have ivory interior), silver and gold (last 2 just didn`t do it for me).

I`m down to Graphite Pearl or Redondo Red Pearl and can`t decide...

The Graphite is really cool...its a dark gray with a hint of blue in it. The red is also cool...its so deep and its a nice deep, dark shade.

http://www.mlong.org/car/hongraphite.jpg

http://www.mlong.org/car/honred.jpg

imported_FUEL
07-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Go red! I am not a big red fan but that color is a beauty! Nice choice in purchase BTW!

tkr128
07-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Wow! I`ll be getting one in a few months and have narrowed down my choices to the Graphite Pearl or Satin Silver. I really like the gray because it has a bluish tint to it and just looks awesome. I`m not a big fan of the gray interior though. Silver is easy to maintain and is the only one with the black interior, but we already have 2 silver cars. On the other hand, my friend just bought the Redondo Red and it looks absolutely stunning. It looks better than those bright reds yet isn`t as dark as burgandy.

My vote is for the graphite. The red looks great, but just doesn`t do it for me.

BTW, which trim level are you getting?

imported_phareous
07-13-2003, 11:20 PM
I`m looking at a V6 EX with Leather and Navigation. I don`t care for the creme interior but gray or black is great. I wished they would let you pick the interior independent of the exterior, but hey I guess those Honda engineers know best :)

Originally posted by tkr128

BTW, which trim level are you getting?

tkr128
07-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by phareous

I`m looking at a V6 EX with Leather and Navigation. I don`t care for the creme interior but gray or black is great. I wished they would let you pick the interior independent of the exterior, but hey I guess those Honda engineers know best :)

Cool, I`m looking at a EX-V6 without the NAV. Yep, Honda knows best. In order to choose your interior color, you pretty much have to step up to an Acura. The color combination I can`t figure out is Black with tan. Black on black is so much nicer, but they don`t offer it. :nixweiss

Well, good luck with your car and choosing a color! :D

Brad B
07-14-2003, 08:03 AM
I took the poll and it`s all tied up! They both look cool!

I hate choosing colors. Such a big decision. I change my mind 100 times and then worry I made the wrong one!

imported_phareous
07-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Well last time I saw the black and it was instant love...looked like a mirror and so pretty. Then after a few months acid rain, etc. set in and it was heart break :(

imported_phareous
07-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Ok so i talked to some people around here and they all think red is a cop magnet. I know thats popular opinion and who knows what the truth is, but anyways I think I am going with the graphite. Its nice and dark and that blue tint is cool. On the other hand...if I got red I`d never have trouble finding it in a parking lot :)

Nikon
07-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by tkr128

The color combination I can`t figure out is Black with tan. Black on black is so much nicer

Each to his own I guess, I really like black with tan leather interior.;)

Almost forgot. I like the Graphite.

imported_Gdubb
07-14-2003, 03:50 PM
I would have to go with the Graphite Pearl. This would be own personal first choice as well

Isabelle Tibbitts
07-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Black or Red... simple choice for me...

No doubt about it !

and for once.. we Europeans get the nicer Accord... I`ve always prefered the US model untill now... the Europe version is way cooler !

check it out at

http://www.honda.co.uk/newcars/accordSaloon.html

or the way cool station wagon

http://www.honda.co.uk/newcars/accordTourer.html

meGrimlock
07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Definitely the red. My best friend`s fiance` just got hers and it is the most beautiful red after Porsche`s Guards red; I know they are two completely different types of red, but I digress. Honda paint has always been nice, but the paint on the new Accords is just awesome. That red looks miles deep, and the metal flakes are just right to have it glimmering in the sun when you waly by it. Toss on the Klasse twins and a topper of Souveran, and it would be perfect. :xyxthumbs

gnahc79
07-14-2003, 04:47 PM
graphite baby :D. If you keep the Accord long enough, the red MIGHT oxide. Then again it might not if there`s some spiffy new paint technology going on for the 2003.

black is evil, esp IS300s (hint hint, my post...plz help) :p

imported_stormsearch
07-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Hmm..I voted for the red. I think the Accord`s look very nice with almost any color. Nice thing about Honda nowadays is that they rarely offer something hideous like those nasty yellow Cavaliers I see running around lately.

My personal preference is that pretty metalic green though.

imported_phareous
07-15-2003, 01:56 PM
The metallic green is nice but they stick you with the ivory interior and (I think) faux wood trim. I really like the gray and black interiors myself. Apparently the car I am looking for is in high demand so I found two dealers who can get me the graphite and one who has the red on lot. Still thinking but leaning towards the graphite